Saffold is One Heck of a... GUARD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Who woulda thought? He stays on the field, too. Him being a swing tackle only increases his value. I guess the the question begs how deep are our pockets? I say he's too expensive to keep but you never know with this FO.

V3

Hall of Fame
He won't be back. Indy or Atl will gobble him up.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I still think that predicting some team will pay him big bucks to play OT is a bit pessimistic. Saffold has had a hard time staying healthy, that will scare away more teams than just the Rams. And there might just be someone willing to pay him more to play G than T, and that team might be the Rams.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isn't he from Indy? I know he played at IU. That might play a part in his decision.

That and the fact he was PO'ed about the Jake Long signing.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think Fisher really likes him. Fish can preach some classic Coach speak... but I get the impression that Fisher is a big fan of Saff.

He was snatching some heavy weight one handed on Instagram. I think he was snatching 250 pounds with his left hand if I remember right.

A55VA6

Legend
We need to keep Saffold and I hope he wants to stay and play guard... he's playing some great football.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He has been a great addition to the OL at guard. He was absolutely burying people today and having fun doing it. If we can see it the Rams FO has to see it to oand already be formulating a plan to get it done.

Long, Jones, Barnes, Saffold, Barksdale for 2014

Pay the man

fearsomefour

Legend
He has been a great addition to the OL at guard. He was absolutely burying people today and having fun doing it. If we can see it the Rams FO has to see it to oand already be formulating a plan to get it done.

Long, Jones, Barnes, Saffold, Barksdale for 2014

Pay the man
Yeah I noticed some emotion out of Saffold also, he loves pulling and getting on LBs. Good stuff.

Is the franchise tag a possibility? Assuming we cut Wells, Dahl and Finnegan then we should have the cap space, we don't have many holes that we can't fill in the draft, if we don't want to sign any big time free agents then it could be a way to get it done.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
He's from Ohio originally. He might command a lot of money, but I'm not sure I'd give it to him based on only a few games at OG and his health history.

But, I do agree with everyone and he does seem to be a force at guard. The Oline looked damn good yesterday and he was making some great pulls and blew up their defense

jjab360

Legend
If we don't resign this guy, that could end up being a huge mistake. People say he's still salty over the J. Long signing, but I don't think he is. I think our coaching staff was able to sell him on the team first mentality and the idea that no position on the O-line is more important than any other position on the O-line. The FO and coaching staff is probably constantly whispering in his ear about how much more money he could make as a great OG than just an average OT right now.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I think he'll take a H.Dahl-like contract. $16mil/4yrs ($4mil a year).