Saffold injury update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really wish Barrett would get the start.

Saffold is key to us. We couldn't run the ball after he left. Glad that he'll be back. Figured that he aggravated the bad shoulder. I have a bad shoulder, myself, and it can get aggravated if I extend in certain ways. And it's very uncomfortable/painful for awhile after that. Have been playing physical basketball or football games and basically had to use one arm after it happened. Pretty sure I tore my rotator cuff playing some pickup tackle football a few years ago but never got it checked.

Anyways, enough about me. :LOL:

I just wish we didn't have Davin Joseph on the right side with Barksdale. Kind of neutralizes Barksdale's great run blocking. If we had Saffold there, just run right every time. Speaking of Barksdale, did you see him on Tre Mason's 89 yard run? Absolutely drived his guy 5+ yards away from Tre.

MintyWaryBullfrog.gif

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
ohhh s*** my bad, i wanted to say Person and ended up writing barnes, srry. haha

No worries man.. Hell, every time I go to mention Scott Wells, I say Turner, so I can relate. I'm surprised I didn't do it just now. :cool: i thought it was Person, but being in the chat and doing some shots, didn't know if they replaced him with Barnes.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Joe Barksdale had a good day against this 43 Raiders defense. While Barksdale pass blocking game especially playing against 34 defenses has some large holes in it, Barksdale's run game is excellent. If the Rams can come to terms with JB here in a few months as he enters UFA'cy, I believe there is a way to get JB pass blocking game up to par with these 34 defenses ....fact is JB would look a ton better all away around if a "HEALTHY "Rodger Saffold was playing just left of him other than Davin Joseph. I would suggest to GM Snead that he concentrate heavy on finding a good young tough starting OLG in FA'cy & draft one too since we have a Rodger Saffold.

Yes it was left side guy Mike Person who replaced Saffold @ OLG. Person is the Rams main reserve back up for all five OL posts or in other words our 6th OL'er. He is certainly no Saffold with his on field performance but Person is always Tough, UNBREAKABLE & ready to contribute any way a 299 pound OL'er can. Person like Barksdale will be a UFA in 2015. It would place the Rams OL in a better place if Mike Person was the 7th or 8th Ram OL'er instead of our top reserve.

No worries man.. Hell, every time I go to mention Scott Wells, I say Turner, so I can relate. I'm surprised I didn't do it just now. :cool: i thought it was Person, but being in the chat and doing some shots, didn't know if they replaced him with Barnes.

Since the early season shoulder injury to Tim Barnes & his return off the injury list...I have not seen him on the field other than playing on special teams. Person replaced him in the big gola line OL package .

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Since the early season shoulder injury to Tim Barnes & his return off the injury list...I have not seen him on the field other than playing on special teams. Person replaced him in the big gola line OL package .

Barnes was in the one in on the Big Goal line package yesterday. Lined up on the left side when Hill did the bootleg for the TD.

FRO

Legend
I just wish we didn't have Davin Joseph on the right side with Barksdale. Kind of neutralizes Barksdale's great run blocking. If we had Saffold there, just run right every time. Speaking of Barksdale, did you see him on Tre Mason's 89 yard run? Absolutely drived his guy 5+ yards away from Tre.

MintyWaryBullfrog.gif
I was reading raider fans lamenting the decision to waive him. He has been a very good RT for us. He and Britt must be resigned.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Barnes was in the one in on the Big Goal line package yesterday. Lined up on the left side when Hill did the bootleg for the TD.

Good to see that Barnes is getting back in the action. Thanks for the information. I thought Hill was wondering around loss on that TD run:).

Tim Barnes has suited up now for 41 Ram games finishing 5 as a starter & has been around this team since September 2011 practice squad member. The 6-4 306 pound Barnes is mostly a center but has played OG in several preseason Rams games in 2012 & 2013 for Boudreau. This entire early season in TC & pre season he was the Rams starting starting center with Well's illness. And if Wells had not recovered form his serious illness it was highly probable that Barnes would have been our starting center in 2014.

Barnes is a RFA here in a few months & I would think that he will be a Ram in this up coming season too. Rams look to be real thick @ center with four available in 2015 . Veteran Scott Wells under contract along with Rams drafted centers 2013 & 2014 in Barrett Jones & Demetrius Rhaney.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
As far as Jones is concerned, there has to be a reason he's not playing. I don't think he's strong enough, but that could just be because he's so pudgy looking.