Saffold Dictates the Rams Direction this Offseason + Next 3-4 Yrs : Lillibridge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Marc Lillibridge joined Kevin Wheeler on 101ESPN to discuss the free agency process, why it starts so late for the NFL, Rodger Saffold and thinking he could demand Jake Long type money, how he dictates the Rams direction, then a look at free agency and a player like Jairus Byrd. Could the Rams afford him and do they need to make a splash to keep up with the 49ers and Seahawks.

Listen to Saffold/Free Agency Discussion

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The headline is true but again...not once did this talking head mention the words injury prone or fragile in this piece when discussing Saffold. Are people blind to this fact?

Rodger Saffold games played.
2013 St. Louis Rams----12/16
2012 St. Louis Rams----10/16
2011 St. Louis Rams-----9/16
2010 St. Louis Rams----16/16
Do people think he's going to miraculously become an iron man after getting a big pay day? Or that he's going to be "protected" from injury playing at guard? Thats hogwash.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
th

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The headline is true but again...not once did this talking head mention the words injury prone or fragile in this piece when discussing Saffold. Are people blind to this fact?

Do people think he's going to miraculously become an iron man after getting a big pay day? Or that he's going to be "protected" from injury playing at guard? That's hogwash.

Yes Mojo and don't forget the large amount of started games but could NOT FINISH! Once you figure that in you see just how fragile and feeble his ability to remain on the playing field is.

Better bring in some serious lipstick for that cleaned up Large Pig in that tub!

You are singing my same song. The sad fact is Saffold's health over the last three season is evidence that he does not deserve anything close to Jake Long $$$ Jake may have been injured alot over the last 6 seasons but Saffold missed more football games in one half of a season than Jake Long ever missed. Jake Long has played OLT much better than Saffold ever did. When you have three of your top OL'ers trying to fight their way back to NFL playing health & now you want to re add a player who has missed more NFL games due to injury that the 3 top Ram injured Olers did the last two season. Just plain Silly!

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
All teams interested know exactly how many games that he played, and why he missed those games.

Media reports don't matter here. Just fluff.

This is Amendola negotiating 101.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Do people think he's going to miraculously become an iron man after getting a big pay day? Or that he's going to be "protected" from injury playing at guard? Thats hogwash.

Yes, as a guard. He's batting 1,000 at that position. :D

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah he does. We get , Robinson and Verner and we are straight up contenders IF Quick and Givens can continue to improve. I beleive...

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
I would love to keep him at guard (upper $ at guard) but afraid he wants LT $. I would let him walk if he demands LT $. He has proven there is no way he can stay healthy.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
This Saffold dictating has been mentioned by several posters here the last couple weeks....About time the media stole more of our ideas.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This Saffold dictating has been mentioned by several posters here the last couple weeks....About time the media stole more of our ideas.

I've noticed that as well. Let's face it; there is a lot of knowledge on this board. I'm excluding myself.