Saffold coming back soon? Why bother...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
HometownBoy said:
RamFan503 said:
StevenG-BR said:
Honestly, since it's unlikely we'll resign Saffold in FA (unless he's dirt cheap from injuries), why not play Barksdale for the time being and see what he can do?

If he ups is game, maybe we won't have to use a high draft pick on a RT.

Did I miss something? Are we forfeiting the season? Y'know, I might agree with this logic if we were out of the playoff hunt. But we are 1-1 with 14 games left to play and we lost our one game after spotting a supposed SB contender 21 points and losing by 7. You absolutely have to play your best players to give the TEAM a chance to go as far as they can. There are several players on this team that may not have a future beyond this season. You don't play your second tier players after two games like it is some preseason game.
I don't think he's talking about the Rams.

I think he's banking on the Skins not righting the ship like a lot of fans are already banking on.

And I think that too is pre-mature ,Shanahan knows how to right a ship, he's done it before,I'm not getting too anticipatory about that pick till they are 0-8

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Thordaddy said:
HometownBoy said:
RamFan503 said:
StevenG-BR said:
Honestly, since it's unlikely we'll resign Saffold in FA (unless he's dirt cheap from injuries), why not play Barksdale for the time being and see what he can do?

Did I miss something? Are we forfeiting the season? Y'know, I might agree with this logic if we were out of the playoff hunt. But we are 1-1 with 14 games left to play and we lost our one game after spotting a supposed SB contender 21 points and losing by 7. You absolutely have to play your best players to give the TEAM a chance to go as far as they can. There are several players on this team that may not have a future beyond this season. You don't play your second tier players after two games like it is some preseason game.

I think he's banking on the Skins not righting the ship like a lot of fans are already banking on.

And I think that too is pre-mature ,Shanahan knows how to right a ship, he's done it before,I'm not getting too anticipatory about that pick till they are 0-8

Definitely way too early, especially if Shanahan does the right thing and benches RG3 before he becomes too hobbled.

Kirk Cousins knows the offense just as well as RG3 does, and he's a darn good QB in his own right who's actually healthy. They're still the same good team they were, just RG3 can't hack it right now.

If Cousins gets in I see them skyrocketing back into the NFC East discussion.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
HometownBoy said:
Thordaddy said:
HometownBoy said:
RamFan503 said:
StevenG-BR said:

Definitely way too early, especially if Shanahan does the right thing and benches RG3 before he becomes too hobbled.

Kirk Cousins knows the offense just as well as RG3 does, and he's a darn good QB in his own right who's actually healthy. They're still the same good team they were, just RG3 can't hack it right now.

If Cousins gets in I see them skyrocketing back into the NFC East discussion.

But I question that .

I don't know if you'll remember this,Donovan McNabb played a game on a broken ankle and couldn't run, had his best day as a passer he'd ever had.

I think Shanahan's adjustment needs to be in play calling , let the kid work through the yips and become a better pocket passer.

NOW what do I hope he does?what you said,I hope he benches RG they win a game under Cousins then he re-inserts RG and they lose two more,then evabody's gonna be on his ass, dogs and cats sleepin together,and we get a top five pick :tooth: