Saffold: Benched 440 Today.....With EASE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rodger Saffold ✔ @Rodger_Saffold

Put up 440 today with ease it's gonna be an exciting season #RamsNation

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
wrecking.jpg

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Only 440? He better have lifted that featherweight with ease. Why are we paying all this big money to a frail, weak offensive linemen? If he doesn't start lifting some real weight, we should drop his useless ass. Can't have this Pillsbury doughboy on the Rams. We don't tolerate lack of work ethic here. This is worse than the Rokevious Watkins experiment.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Saffold was tossing guys around last year, and he has gotten stronger every year as a Ram. Just one of the reasons that I love him. :D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Take it easy Rodger!

I love the work ethic, but don't get too crazy and blow something out.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Take it easy Rodger!

He's gonna blow out some d-lineman, and then some middle backers.;)

duckhunter

Starter
Take it easy Rodger!

The importance of trainers can't be overemphasized but he just got a little pumped is all probably in his opinion.

Here's a personal story from bygone days that I'll cherish and never forget.

In the 70s the Mo Governors cup preseason games were played in Columbia and diehard fans who stuck around to the end were often allowed to mingle on the sidelines with the players during the final couple of minutes of the game. I was thoroughly impressed with the year Dan Dierdorf, Conrad Dobler, Tom Banks, Bob Young and Roger Finnie had in 75 and so went to shake hands and see what they might share. Well, Dierdorf wasn't hard to spot and Young was next to him with Banks, Dobler and Finnie in front of Dan and Bob on the out of bounds line. The final preseason game is about over and everyone's relaxed and laughing. So, I introduced myself as a fan to Dan and Bob, looking like a long haired, unshaved gym rat like them, and expressed my appreciation for their grunt work the previous year and asked what to expect this next year. Well, they were very kind and the conversation rolls around to weight lifting which was Bob's forte. Now Bob was listed as generously 6'1" and was not massive by today's standards but his arms were as big as my waist and most everyone knew who the strongest man on the field was. Bob starts talking about him and his brother training to set the new world record for two man joint lift. Conrad hearing Bob telling this unusual and captivating story, turns around and Dan/Conrad/and yours truly listen and were amazed in the short story. They did set the world record that year but the clincher for all of us was when Bob related as he and his brother are trying for a new record, his brother tore a tendon right in front of Bob's eyes and shocked the hell out of him and as he told the story, us to. Bob turned his palm up and laid his ham hock arm down and out in front of him and with his finger from his other arm pointing down to his forearm says the tendon popped out of the skin (his finger pops up and imitates the movement) and roll up into the inside of his elbow. Bob's face was contorted as in shock and extreme strain, white as a ghost seeing it happen again, as he relating the facts to his gaping-jawed listeners.

It's a one in a million football story and experience that I truly cherish.

Last edited: