Safety

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DLux27

Rookie
Anyone have any information possibly at who's taking 1st reps at both safety positions for the Rams so far at OTAs? With TMAC not participating so far due to off field issues it would be quite telling to know who's taking the reps at both safety positions. Thanks in advance if anyone has the info.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Anyone have any information possibly at who's taking 1st reps at both safety positions for the Rams so far at OTAs? With TMAC not participating so far due to off field issues it would be quite telling to know who's taking the reps at both safety positions. Thanks in advance if anyone has the info.
Thanks for asking, I've been dying for any news. Seems like zero Rams news day after day. I can't just wait around for Hard Knocks. Generic "Goff adjusting to NFL" stories don't satisfy the craving, where's the daily insider scoop??

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From what I couldn't see at OTA's Wednesday, when I was their, the Field was crowded with Players!:D
Seriously though, all I saw was a crowd of players! I really don't know! But like you, I really want to know!!(y)(y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks for asking, I've been dying for any news. Seems like zero Rams news day after day. I can't just wait around for Hard Knocks. Generic "Goff adjusting to NFL" stories don't satisfy the craving, where's the daily insider scoop??
DITTO'S!! I really feel your pain!!(y):cool:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I just came to say what LA said. . . You'd have to think it's Mo in Mcdonalds spot and Cody Davis at free safety.

lockdnram21

Legend
Gotta be Mo & Davis.....If it's Bryant, I'd be shocked...
First day of media coverage it was Bryant at fs I read. Davis was probably the fs the first day when media wasn't there. I would actually think Bryant would be a better fs. Davis seems more like a ss

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I would actually think Bryant would be a better fs.
Agreed.....Even tho Cody has the speed & athleticism, Bryant plays like a free safety...I personally don't know how Davis even makes the squad....
Maybe it'll be your boy Randolph:mrburnsevil:.
I'd be overjoyed!!!!:yay::yess:
Everytime I hear his name, I think of his 40, bench, and this tape

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
from the videos I have seen where it looks like the ones are practicing against the ones it looks like Mo Alexander is starting at SS and Cody Davis is at FS.

I think SS and FS are up for grabs TJ isn't locked in. Fisher seems to really like Mo Alexander, Mo's best spot is SS, TJ puts one of his own guys on IR once a year, TJ has legal issues, TJ has only been healthy for one full season, and Mo is signed past next year unlike TJ.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Remember folks, Fisher and Williams have said time and time again, they don't play their safeties "strong" and "free". its more "left" and 'Right". they started Mo the last five games of the season and unless someone steps up and outplays him or if he screws up royaly himself , it will be McDonald and Alexander starting at S.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/6...x-has-the-skills-to-provide-good-safety-depth

2016 Rams Roster Preview: DB Jordan Lomax Has the Skills to Provide Good Safety Depth
By QBKlass@QBKlass

usa-today-8977724.0.jpg

Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports
Jordan Lomax was not the star in Iowa's secondary, but he has the skills to make the Rams roster as a rotational safety.

Iowa's 2015 season was one of the most bizarre seasons in recent memory. Their defense, led by star cornerback Desmond King, was praised throughout the year for locking down opponents. Though, King was not the only NFL talent in Iowa's defensive backfield.

Jordan Lomax is an undrafted free safety, though he has the skill set to be a strong safety or even a third safety on nickel downs. At 5-10, 202 pounds, Lomax is on the shorter side, but he plays with an aggressive play style that makes him seem bigger than he is.

Roster Battle
With as often as the Rams put three safeties on the field, it is no surprise that they tend to carry five safeties at a time. With Rodney McLeod moving on to the Philadelphia Eagles, there is more wiggle room on the safety depth chart for new talent.

T.J. McDonald and Mo Alexander are the two most likely players to remain on the roster, especially McDonald. In addition to those two, Cody Davis and Christian Bryant were on the team last year, though Bryant began the year as a practice squad player. Davis should make the roster again, though Bryant may have to battle for his spot.

With Bryant not being a sure thing, two safety vacancies are left for five players, including Lomax.

Expectations
Lomax is not outright better than most of the other safeties currently on the roster, but his play style and skill set gives him a good chance of making an impression and sticking with the team. He has value as a third safety who can roam a little bit in coverage or play closer to the box and attack ball carriers. The fire that he plays with should stand out to coaches like Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams.

Chances of Making the Roster (4/10)
While Lomax has redeemable qualities, there is still a lot of competition to earn a spot on the roster. There are four safeties who were on the team last year and there are three other rookie safeties battling with Lomax for one of the final safety spots. Lomax's aggressive and versatile skill set makes him a guy you want to root for, but he is going to have to pour it on thick to beat out all of the other safeties in camp right now.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I think before it is all said and done .... it will be Cody Davis starting at Free Saftey and to go out on a limb....I predict he will become a turnover machine with 6 picks and 2 fumble recoveries. ....maybe 2 defensive tds. Something we have been missing at Saftey for a bit....

Go Rams......... ;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
from the videos I have seen where it looks like the ones are practicing against the ones it looks like Mo Alexander is starting at SS and Cody Davis is at FS.

TJ isn't at camp right now dealing with legal issues according to Fisher I wouldn't read anything into him not being on the field with the 1st team.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I wonder if they can turn a guy like Mo Alexander into the next McLeod? Shouldn't really be too hard. I never thought McLeod was anything more than a journeyman. Knew the system and played well enough, but nothing special about him.