Safeties?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Obviously for anyone who watched the draft last night we did not get a safety. I think several of my best rated safeties will be gone after the 2nd & it will be interesting to see our approach. Trade up? Stay put? Resign Quintin Mikell?

-Cyprien (likely gone)
-Rambo (Could make it to 3rd, probably won't)
-DJ Swearinger (Could make it to 3rd, probably won't)
-Philip Thomas (Decent chance to make it)
-Tony Jefferson (should make it, love the value, very good single high FS)
-Shamarko Thomas (should make it)

What are people's thoughts on Tony Jefferson of Oklahoma? I've always liked him, but strictly as a FS (what we need). I think he's a bit underrated and would be great value in the 3rd. His coverage skills are very good and he is disciplined. Good tackler.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
rams24/7 said:
Obviously for anyone who watched the draft last night we did not get a safety. I think several of my best rated safeties will be gone after the 2nd & it will be interesting to see our approach. Trade up? Stay put? Resign Quintin Mikell?

-Cyprien (likely gone)
-Rambo (Could make it to 3rd, probably won't)
-DJ Swearinger (Could make it to 3rd, probably won't)
-Philip Thomas (Decent chance to make it)
-Tony Jefferson (should make it, love the value, very good single high FS)
-Shamarko Thomas (should make it)

What are people's thoughts on Tony Jefferson of Oklahoma? I've always liked him, but strictly as a FS (what we need). I think he's a bit underrated and would be great value in the 3rd. His coverage skills are very good and he is disciplined. Good tackler.

I really like Tony Jefferson. His one of his to primary knocks is his tackling technique. IMO that can be cleaned up. While his technique isnt the best he usually gets the job done. His other knock is his size. Something he cant help, but seams to be a common thread in this years draft.

I like Swearinger too at FS.

While I like Shamarko, he's strictly a SS.

A55VA6

Legend
We could trade into the 2nd round if we really like one of them. OI think any of them would be a good pick and we should be fine.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd like either Rambo or Phillip Thomas. We need that ball-hawking safety. I think that Rambo will fall to our first third round pick, thanks to his character issues. Not really a fan of Shamarko Thomas; he's definitely too much of a downhill player for me. Not that downhill play is a bad thing, but we already have Darian Stewart for that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think both Rambo and Thomas fall to us in the 3rd round. With all the talent that slipped to the second, and there's going to be people picking up QB's, receivers, etc, I think that there's going to be S that fall to us in the third. I would really like Thomas, I really hope he falls.

nighttrain

Legend
I'd really love BPA at safety and WRer in the 3rd, Lattimore and a guard in the 4th then it's just BPA in the 5th 6th 7th
train

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think that 3 of those will be there.

jap

Legend
The Rams will probably hold the fort at where they are currently pick-wise unless they have a real opportunity to move up for someone who they really like. Remember, we have a former DB at head coach, Chuck Cecil as our secondary coach, and new DC Tim Walton who has helped produce a number of NFL-quality DB's.

F. Mulder

Starter
There will be at least 3-4 potential starting Safeties well into the 3rd round. As long as they don't pick TJ McDonald I'll be happy.