Sacrifice one game to win the next?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Since Fishers arrival I have often wondered about his early season play and choices.

It kinda feels like he brings his teams on slowly with the hope that they get hot late in the season for a playoff run. It hasn't worked due to not having a QB the last couple years....

We can face and beat the leagues best, not just division opponents, one week after games like last Sundays let down. We've done it time and again.

He would never ever admit to it, but does anyone think it's possible that he is more focused on the next three games than last Sundays?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok. Nevermind. Guess I'm crazy.
Carry on.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I doubt it matters who the team is. Wins are what's important, not just the wins over better competition. So I don't think he prepares harder for the better teams, thinking they're more important. I don't know how a coach would keep a job that way. Nor do I think he wants a strong run to finish the year, sacrificing the start of the year. The first couple weeks can determine if a strong finish even matters or not. Especially in a division like ours where usually three teams are shooting for two spots in the playoffs. Can't sacrifice any games.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the coaches were outcoached against Washington. Is that because they haven't seen enough of them with their new coaches/players? I don't know. The Rams players seemed a bit out of sync too. Foles was inaccurate, Cook dropped passes, the Oline wasn't blocking anyone. Was the team not ready? Did the coaches spend too much time on Seattle and disregard Washington because they shut them out last year? Fisher should know what Callahan was going to do in the running game. He should have a clue by now because he knows most of the coaches tendencies.

I really don't think they intend to sacrifice any games. I think they may put more into division games and hope that there is no drop off for other opponents.
Maybe it is just that Washington is much better than any of us thought, including Fisher.

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
I think that the act of going young on the O-Line suggests that Fischer is playing the "long game" with regards to the team as a whole. That is no excuse for being out-coached against Washington, but it certainly provides a learning experience for a young offense in a new system. Let 'em take some lumps early on and forge a better unit in the long term from it.

Athos

Legend
If that were the case, and even I don't think it is, any coach who does that, should not be coaching at this level.

This isn't college where you have real scrimmage games against FCS teams and small schools.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
99% of our defense was the defense that shut these guys out 5 games ago dating back to last year. I don't care what the coaches preach...they're human. I think our defense got ahead of themselves and took the Skins lightly. On offense, we should have seen this coming. This team is no joke, and they're defense shut down Miami.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Maybe we'll be seeing if Jeff Fisher's new practice schedule is what has an effect on the players.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe we'll be seeing if Jeff Fisher's new practice schedule is what has an effect on the players.
I've wondered about this as well.