Ryan Shazier

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Here's an outside the box thought: what about Shazier at 13?

He seems a perfect fit at WLB in Williams system.

At 13, I don't see a ton of value at positions we need to address, unless a couple of players drop. Also it seems the Rams are likely to take a LB at some point so the thought of Shazier does not seem as out there at first glance.

Personally I like a guy like Kevin Peirre Louis from Boston College in the 4th to fill that slot.

Just another wild possible scenario as we head into Thursday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
I like Peirre Louis too but they dont seem to rank him too high nationally and he doesnt do that great when ran right at or shedding blocks in the run game. He is very speedy though. Also, i wonder if we should find a replacement for Larenitias before Quinn comes due for his major signing. Ogletree or Mack could play middle lb for us .

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Shazier at 13 is horrible value. Would hate it if that happened.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your spot on Diehard, he played a lot better when he was outside, when they moved him inside his game definitely slipped.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Shazier is an athletic freak but #13 does seem too high, plus will he be a 2 down lb or what. Way too high for that. Mack really is stout and consistantly forced turnovers and could rush the passer with a vengence on 3rd downs.

jjab360

Legend
Makes sense to me, guy is a freak. I have him at 10th on my big board, he would be a great fit in Williams' system.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Could Shazier have the speed to play some safety? Like a OLB/SS hybrid? When I saw him I thought he'd be a great fit.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Wow. I was just on the Rams website and listed him as the #13 selection for the Rams.
(Almost went with DT Stephon Tuitt)

Why?

1) He's a FREAK of an athlete.
2) And I kept finding CBs I really liked that could be had later.

Last edited:

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
I could live with it outstanding speed and quickness (wlb). Curios, what corners do you like later that would still be around?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Perhaps a tad high, but 13 isn't all that outrageous. It's all about the value the team places on the player.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
13 is high to me but a trade down to say 21 with GB would be about right in my eyes.

Alan

Legend
Here is where the experts at NFL network picked him:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts
Charles Davis 21st
Daniel Jeremiah 19th
Charlie Casserly 31st
Bucky Brooks 24th
Brian Baldinger 20th
Mike Huguenin 24th
Chase Goodbread 25th
Matt Smith Outside the 1st round
Bryan Fischer 27th

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't like it. Shazier is not stout against the run. He struggles with blocks. His best assets are in pass coverage and rushing the passer. He is very good in this role but he seems similar to Ogletree in the strengths and weaknesses department. How does the LBer corp perform with 2, 3 to some extent LBers that struggle shedding blocks against a run heavy division like the NFC West?

I would hate the pick. If they take a LBer they need a guy who can stop the run.

But I have also heard that they showed a lot of interest in Shazier. Hope it is wrong because I think he is not a good value at 13. But it is typical Snead falling in love with SPARQ scores.