Ryan Pickett intends to play in 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/24/texans-placed-third-rounder-on-ir-sign-ryan-pickett/

Texans placed third-rounder on IR, sign Ryan Pickett
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 24, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti2zwfingq0otnmzgzinzdlzjuyymyxzjy3mjc5zdyy-e1404361271305.jpeg
Getty Images

The Texans were hoping rookie Louis Nix would be the answer in the middle for their defense.

But now that he’s hurt, they went for experience.

The Texans announced they had signed veteranRyan Pickett, to replace the third-round pick who was placed on injured reserve.

Nix injured his wrist lately, but hadn’t played a down for the Texans after an offseason knee procedure.

Pickett wasn’t re-signed by the Packers this offseason, but is now back for his 14th season. He has the kind of heft the Texans need inside, and should be a quick study if he’s in game shape.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Speaking of old Rams that disappeared, what ever happened to Tinoisamao?

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure concussions ended his career early.

I remember how psyched I was about the trio of Tinoisamoa, Thomas, and Polley. Then reality set in...

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I didn't know Greg Salas still played till Monday night when he made a big play for the jets

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I remember how psyched I was about the trio of Tinoisamoa, Thomas, and Polley. Then reality set in...

Tinoisamoa caught on with the Bears after the Rams released him because of his contract. He got injured a lot with us, but when he was healthy, he was arguably our best linebacker. He played from 2003 to 2010, which is a respectable amount of time for an NFL player's career.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

Yeah, but I give Tinoisamoa some credit, he was our best LBer and was actually pretty talented, it's just the rest of the defense was so poor his play barely managed to peak out of the void. By the time they started trying to make the D respectable again he had already been injured and aged so much that he was barely a shadow of what he used to be.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Mike Schad would rival J smith, J Kennedy and trung for biggest bust oh and Dolly Parton gets an honorable mention.