Ryan Pickett intends to play in 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's a blast from the past. Pickett did well while with the Rams and has done a good job since playing for the Packers. At 34 his window seems to be closing though. Pickett was the Rams 29th pick of the first round in 2001 but moved on in 2006.
----------------------------------------
Ryan Pickett intends to play in 2014
Posted by Mike Wilkening on July 3, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti2zwfingq0otnmzgzinzdlzjuyymyxzjy3mjc5zdyy-e1404361271305.jpeg
Getty Images

Ryan Pickett isn’t ready to step away from the NFL just yet.

The 34-year-old unrestricted free agent defensive lineman told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel he wants to return for a 14th professional season in 2014.

“I’m going to play,” Pickett, a starter for the Packers the last eight seasons, told the Journal Sentinel‘s Tyler Dunne in a story published Wednesday.

According to the Journal Sentinel, Pickett anticipates signing by training camp. He declined to name any clubs with which he’s had contact, according to the paper.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy has said the Packers haven’t ruled out bringing back Pickett. However, the Journal Sentinel indicated Pickett believes it’s quite possible the club has gone in a different direction.

“You can’t blame them. They’re moving forward. They’re bringing in guys that do different things,” Pickett told the paper. “That’s what they’re supposed to do.”

The 6-foot-2, 340-pound Pickett’s greatest appeal could be as a nose tackle for clubs employing 3-4 schemes. He has started at least 12 games in 11 of his previous 13 seasons.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I always liked Pickett and was disappointed to see him go in 2006.
He probably has a little juice left. Good rotational player anyway.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Man, that 2001 draft had so much potential. Pickett and Arch were good, although it took Pickett a while to get going.

Shame Lewis was such a turd. Could you imagine a decade of Marcus Stroud and Ryan Pickett side-by-side?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Archuleta was my favourite Ram for years. Injuries totally killed him. He was never brilliant and he whiffed a lot but the effort and dedication was second to none.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Hard to believe its been 8 seasons since he left...seems like only yesterday I was arguing on the PD that Pickett leaving was a mistake.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Archuleta was my favourite Ram for years. Injuries totally killed him. He was never brilliant and he whiffed a lot but the effort and dedication was second to none.
And his hitting. That guy could knock the Hulk through a wall.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

I remember a 90 something yard fumble return when he tackled the guy and had the ball out before the other dude even hit the ground. Loved watching him. Back when I used to play madden a lot more I used to love playing with him, he was made for "hit stick".

fearsomefour

Legend
I could see Pickett going to San Diego or some such place that needs some 3/4 Dline help.
He was the rarest of all things in Ram-land from that time frame....a good D line draft pick.
I remember my young son thinking it was hilarious that he played nose tackle and his name is Pickett.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shame Lewis was such a turd. /QUOTE]

Yeah... I remember the issue was reported that he couldn't handle tough love coaching... I remember reading an article about what his high school coach said... he needed to be coddled.

That trait, and being coached by Bill Kollar was probably never going to work.

He had a somewhat productive career in Carolina.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

He always made big plays too, good things happened when he was around the ball. That, and he was born on the exact same day that I was, I couldn't help but like him!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Speaking of old Rams that disappeared, what ever happened to Tinoisamao?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

his size for his playing style, probably did him in...His training program was unique....I liked AA a lot as well...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He was an outstanding LB at ASU. A walk on. He once squatted 663 lbs and bench pressed 530 lbs.
IIRC he got into that Evo Sport training method. I always wondered if that had anything to do with his body breaking down too soon.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ran off with Manti Teo's girlfriend to Fiji
TALK ABOUT A FREAKING TERD !!!! Not Piso either.Maybe someone should have run off with JR #55 .(being from So Cal,#55 is a great LBer jersey)
Piso always gave 120% & was a little small in stature.He finished his career playing in what could of been a great LBing core.Thanks to injury(knee) he was never the same.He did play hurt as well.

BTW his dad is still a proud Ram Fan

As far as Ryan Picket goes,he came into The NFL as a young jr from The O as JL would say.
As shown he was only 6'2 and under 300#'s when he entered the league.He was strong as a DE against the run ,but did not have speed off the edge.
Scott Linehan came in & did not,put him on a sign & match.JZ screwed him from the get go_O.Once Linehan figured out his roster he was like what's going on here.We have no DT.Kennedy was suppose to be a super star at pick whatever.
Linehan tried(Rams) resign him,but Pickett saw were the franchise was headed.JZ & Shaw already back stabbed there Head coach when he was in the hostpital.Looked him out of head courtiers.Ryan Pickett signed for less money to go to a winner & the two sides stayed loyal to each other ever sense. Now he is at a cross road.The Packers have to pure edge rushers this season.He has had a good career for a league that stands for Not For Long !

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
K
TALK ABOUT A FREAKING TERD !!!! Not Piso either.Maybe someone should have run off with JR #55 .(being from So Cal,#55 is a great LBer jersey)
Piso always gave 120% & was a little small in stature.He finished his career playing in what could of been a great LBing core.Thanks to injury(knee) he was never the same.He did play hurt as well.

BTW his dad is still a proud Ram Fan

As far as Ryan Picket goes,he came into The NFL as a young jr from The O as JL would say.
As shown he was only 6'2 and under 300#'s when he entered the league.He was strong as a DE against the run ,but did not have speed off the edge.
Scott Linehan came in & did not,put him on a sign & match.JZ screwed him from the get go_O.Once Linehan figured out his roster he was like what's going on here.We have no DT.Kennedy was suppose to be a super star at pick whatever.
Linehan tried(Rams) resign him,but Pickett saw were the franchise was headed.JZ & Shaw already back stabbed there Head coach when he was in the hostpital.Looked him out of head courtiers.Ryan Pickett signed for less money to go to a winner & the two sides stayed loyal to each other ever sense. Now he is at a cross road.The Packers have to pure edge rushers this season.He has had a good career for a league that stands for Not For Long !
Kennedy was taken at 12. 12.
Along with Smith probably the biggest bust in Rams draft history. Much bigger than Trung who was taken at 29.