Russell Wilson's and Bobby Wagner's New Deals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram007

Starter
This is Wagner's last year on his contract. Along with some others : Okung, Mebane, McDaniel, Irvin, Turbin, Kearse, Lane, Sweezy, and Jeanpierre. That is 3 starting offensive lineman, 2 starting D lineman, 2 starting LBs, and 1 starting WR. Not all of them need to be resigned, but that's a lot of starters. The biggest being Wagner and the pieces on the offensive line.

For the full list of the seahawks contract layout. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/

Reports are Wagner and Hawks are working on a deal. Others you noted are complimentary pieces. I would not call them core.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Reports are Wagner and Hawks are working on a deal. Others you noted are complimentary pieces. I would not call them core.
I never said core, but there is a good number of starters. And since there isn't reports of Wagner being resigned, he's still in his last year. What does this mean for Chancellor and Bennet?

ram007

Starter
I never said core, but there is a good number of starters. And since there isn't reports of Wagner being resigned, he's still in his last year. What does this mean for Chancellor and Bennet?

I think for any team you need core and rest is complimentary.
Wagner may be their only loss if they don't re sign from their Core. They are not going to be mediocre for next 3 years.

Ram65

Legend
It's a lot of money for a running QB. Wilson has been fortunate to stay healthy........so far.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Damn, he's supposed to be the highest paid player...not second highest. Oh well, at least we can take some solace in the fact that the midget isn't getting victory sex. :sneaky:

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
We paid a qb almost as much who hadn't touched the field in almost two years.
If he was our QB would we all be calling him a game manager and overrated? To me he got what he deserves for a QB that's had a hell of a lot of success. Maybe it is the team that's around him, but he still has to make the plays when it counts and he has delivered for the most part.
Like someone else said, not so sure we can celebrate here when we're pretty close to being in the same cap shape and we don't have our QB locked up for the future.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is Wagner's last year on his contract. Along with some others : Okung, Mebane, McDaniel, Irvin, Turbin, Kearse, Lane, Sweezy, and Jeanpierre. That is 3 starting offensive lineman, 2 starting D lineman, 2 starting LBs, and 1 starting WR. Not all of them need to be resigned, but that's a lot of starters. The biggest being Wagner and the pieces on the offensive line.

For the full list of the seahawks contract layout. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/
Don't shoot me for reminding you but...

Our list is rather long for next year.
:(

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
When The Mighty Quinn and Aaron blast that Wascally Wussell Wilson and send him off on a stretcher in Game One, what the hell will the 'Hawks do? :sneaky:
They will pay him his guaranteed $ as they search for a replacement. And look up at the Rams from their place in the cellar of the nfc west.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well; Green Bay, Dallas, Denver, Ravens, and Pittsburgh all made the playoffs with a QB under a mega deal last year.

So... It's kind of par for the course when you find your franchise guy and not necessarily a death blow.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Seattle better hope RW fairs better than Palmer did when he signed his big contract before taking the field against the Rams D.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Seattle better hope RW fairs better than Palmer did when he signed his big contract before taking the field against the Rams D.

Yeah, if there is a weakness on that team its the offensive line. Which would happen to be going against the strength of our team. Wilson't gonna hafta use his legs a lot.

Then again, our weakness might be the offensive line too. Heck, that first game might end up 6-3.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Rams without any winning seasons are going to pay Foles and bunch of others this year and how are we not freaked? BTW, Rams have a little worse cap situation thanks Seahawks.

well, the rams haven't had a winning season in the last three years. they don't have to pay them elite money unless they are elite, like quinn. the seagulls have to pay "reaching the superbowl 2 straight years" type of money.

ram007

Starter
well, the rams haven't had a winning season in the last three years. they don't have to pay them elite money unless they are elite, like quinn. the seagulls have to pay "reaching the superbowl 2 straight years" type of money.

Would you rather reach super bowls AND pay? or Pay something less than reaching Super Bowl money and hope to get there?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would you rather reach super bowls AND pay? or Pay something less than reaching Super Bowl money and hope to get there?

it is what it is. we can't change anything now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just to be clear this is a 4 year extension, so he's under contract for the next 5 years

yes that's how i read it as well. but as flv stated above it will probably end up being a 3 year contract. either it will be reworked or wilson will be outta there. somehow i don't think his play will diminish so it will be reworked after 3 years.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well with the cap set to go through the roof this is not going to hurt the Seahawks and they will have room for one more deal like this.

The window isn't shutting because of contracts, the window will shut based on MLynch and the D. And Lynch is coming up on that 2500 touch mark and will pass it this year. That window has this year, maybe next.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i hope the rams dline throw wittle wussel wilson through that window in the two games this season.

wait. the exact opposite of that.