Russell Wilson's cryptic tweet bemoans 'lack of gratefulness'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
By Jason Rowan 'YB' 5/15/15

The Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson are in the midst of a protracted negotiation process related to the quarterback’s next contract. While there have been whispers of ebbs and flows and rumors of some progress being made, the parties’ inability to come to terms on a mutually satisfactory extension of course comes down to one thing: Money.
  • A report from a few weeks ago suggested that Wilson and the Seahawks are “10s of millions apart” in arriving at a number, so the stage certainly is set for frustration on Wilson’s part. The dire assessment of how the negotiations are proceeding corroborated an earlier report from April that indicated little to no progress was being made.

With all that in mind, Wilson took to Twitter on Thursday and shot off two tweets that couldn’t have been more cryptic, although they are consistent with themes Wilson frequently relies upon for his tweets. And because of the nature of his social media musings, the meaning or meanings behind the two from Thursday can be interpreted countless ways.

"Always control what you can control," Wilson writes in the first tweet. "Never let others nonsense & lack of gratefulness & respect bring you down."

"Doubted me then. Doubt me now. All I know is the#BestIsAhead either way," Wilson writes, linking to a photo on Instagram of his workouts at the NFL Combine. "Sleep if you want to..."

The photo linked in the second tweet is from his workouts at the NFL Combine.

Obviously, the knee-jerk reaction is to assume the tweets are related to how Wilson is becoming frustrated with the progress — or lack thereof — in hammering out a deal with the Seahawks.

The tweets of course could be completely benign, innocuous, and most of all, not related in any way to his contract negotiations with the team. Conspiracy theorists, though, will have a field day with the tweets as they attempt to glean what exactly Wilson is attempting to convey.

And Seahawks fans? The tweets could very well give them indigestion. Perhaps the most over-anxious ones should make a donation to the “Keep Russell Wilson in Seattle” GoFundMe page. The site so far has raised less than $1,000 toward its stated $5 million goal, so there’s plenty of work to do. :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well...I hope he leaves that team. Let's try and see them replace him. I'd love to see them fail.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He shoulda called an audible on the goal line and given Marshawn the ball....Wouldn't be no disputes right now...let your agent negotiate the contract, and just get in shape...I wanna beat these fools at their best, no excuses...

SierraRam

Recreational User
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He shoulda called an audible on the goal line and given Marshawn the ball....Wouldn't be no disputes right now...let your agent negotiate the contract, and just get in shape...I wanna beat these fools at their best, no excuses...

^^10-4, good buddy! Russell would be wise to use this as an excuse to skip town though - He knows our D will shorten his career.
images
images

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'd really lilke to see BOTH him and Marshawn refuse to go into the locker at half with the team. Maybe they could play some cards or checkers on the bench to kill the time.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd really lilke to see BOTH him and Marshawn refuse to go into the locker at half with the team. Maybe they could play some cards or checkers on the bench to kill the time.

How about Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Wagner, Graham, and Bennett join them? It can be an eight-way Hold-'em!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Well...I hope he leaves that team. Let's try and see them replace him. I'd love to see them fail.

That would hurt them, but it would hurt them more to have to pay him 25 million a year. Let's see them field the #1 defense without any money to pay them.

A55VA6

Legend
lol I love all this shit going on with the Seahawks right now. I hope they fuck up and end up losing Wilson, Lynch, Irvin, etc. and go through the equivalent of what we have gone through the past 10 years.

HEY SEAHAWKS!
middelvinger_zpsd0684ddc.jpg

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I want this guy to be the highest paid mofo in all of sports.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope to God they sign him to a mega contract. He's an idiot.

With him making 30 times as much as he does now, how will they be able to pay enough guys on defense to overcome him throwing 5 INTs at home against an average defense?

Not afraid of Russell Wilson, at all.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
He is currently in negotiations so anything he says has been discussed with his agent and is part of the negotiation process. No cryptic message. Good for him for bargaining hard for himself. Anyone of us would do the same thing. When you look at the countless musicians (as an example) who got ripped off by companies and the huge amount of money the NFL takes in good for him for trying to earn as much as possible. And if a good percentage of that money ends up going to charitable causes then all the mo better.