Russell Wilson vs Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
I decided to turn on the Seahawks / Packers game and in just a few minutes Russell Wilson has thrown 2 INT's and has not looked sharp at all. Maybe it's because he's playing the packers and he thinks INT's are TD's? haha!

Slappy967

Starter
Wilson started off hot going completing 7 straight and then started to fall off. I feel a little better about how we did vs GB after watching this first half. I will give the Hawks credit though as they have been more successful vs Eddie Lacy then we were.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Slappy967 said:
Wilson started off hot going completing 7 straight and then started to fall off. I feel a little better about how we did vs GB after watching this first half. I will give the Hawks credit though as they have been more successful vs Eddie Lacy then we were.
Ah gotcha. Yeah I tuned in and all I saw were 2 INT's, an almost INT, and a short completion. haha. It was pretty ugly.

V3

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
Wilson sucks, is this news to anyone?

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say he's overrated. He's so short that he misses a lot of his reads which is why he runs so often. He does have a nice deep ball, though.

As a side note, Lacy looked pedestrian tonight. Seattle's D had no issues with him. Hmm.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
What...the seaworms are fuckin overrated? Who would've knew...

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
V3 said:
bluecoconuts said:

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say he's overrated. He's so short that he misses a lot of his reads which is why he runs so often. He does have a nice deep ball, though.

As a side note, Lacy looked pedestrian tonight. Seattle's D had no issues with him. Hmm.
IMO he's not overatated. What he did last year as a rookie is amazing. The guys a stud. Don't trip tho Sam's better ;)

nighttrain

Legend
V3 said:
bluecoconuts said:

+1
train

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
A55VA6 said:
I decided to turn on the Seahawks / Packers game and in just a few minutes Russell Wilson has thrown 2 INT's and has not looked sharp at all. Maybe it's because he's playing the packers and he thinks INT's are TD's? haha!

:tooth:

Ebonemalone

Rookie
Can we all rejoice and agree that it's nice to see the Seahawks shit on every now and again :)

Even if for half a game

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
The Seahags D looked much better than the Rams D against the Pack. So far in preseason, we have the worst D in the division. I hope to see a big improvement against the Broncos.

On a positive note, we seem to have the best O in the division if you don't count all the setbacks due to penalties.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
V3 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Good call on Wilson being short. Is he 5 foot 9, 10? I don't know how he does it, has any success, with the D-lines now full of ridiculously tall guys, raising their arms. Most teams would give King Kong on a ladder a hard time making a pass these days let alone someone under 6 feet tall.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am really anxious to see how Wilson and Kaeperdick live up to all they hype tossed their way.

Anyone know why Kaeperdick has only 6 pass attempts this preseason? I guess Harbaugh is protecting him? lol. Like he's some sort of vet QB.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
CGI_Ram said:
I am really anxious to see how Wilson and Kaeperdick live up to all they hype tossed their way.

Anyone know why Kaeperdick has only 6 pass attempts this preseason? I guess Harbaugh is protecting him? lol. Like he's some sort of vet QB.

No reason to play him Harbaugh must feel he's ready and I know they wanted to look at the back-ups because they were concerned. Colt McCoy has not looked good so they just brought in Seneca Wallace.

This is where you & I disagree IMO Kaepernick is a stud, but I hope you're right and he has a down year. But he's in incredible shape has a rocket for an arm and runs like a deer when you put that all together it usually spells success!

As to Russell Wilson, he's very good and even better from the neck up. He has limitations, but from a competitive standpoint he's as good as it gets and to post "He sucks." is just not an unbiased evaluation.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach said:
CGI_Ram said:

No reason to play him Harbaugh must feel he's ready and I know they wanted to look at the back-ups because they were concerned. Colt McCoy has not looked good so they just brought in Seneca Wallace.

This is where you & disagree IMO Kaepernick is a stud, but I hope you're right and he has a down year. But he's in incredible shape has a rocket for an arm and runs like a deer when you put that all together it usually spells success!

Part of my critique of Kaeperdick is out of pure fan-loyalty to the Rams. Clearly biased and not based on facts. An all out-hate-on.

That said; I don't think he's done enough at this level to get all the attention. That much I do stand behind.

Regarding his playing time... I find this approach; "No reason to play him Harbaugh must feel he's ready and I know they wanted to look at the back-ups because they were concerned" polar opposite to the Rams approach with our offense and particularly Bradford. Who, by the way, is more seasoned that Kaeperdick.

I hope it blows up in Harbaugh's face.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
CGI_Ram said:
I hope it blows up in Harbaugh's face.

Again I hope you're right, but has anything really blown up in Harbaugh's face to this point? I'm just glad they lost the Super Bowl. Bradford has new weapons and they are tweaking the offense so it makes sense to play him.

Harbaugh is old school play your number one guy a series or two in the first two games let him play half of the third game and then sit him for the 4th unless has has not shown he's ready. Again I hope I'm wrong, but Harbaugh has always won no matter where he has coached so it's hard to question him.