Russell Wilson raving about speed of Seattle’s receivers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Russell Wilson raving about speed of Seattle’s receivers
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on June 4, 2014

russell-wilson.jpg
AP

Russell Wilson is a happy man with the myriad of receiving options he has to throw to with the Seattle Seahawks.

Percy Harvin is back to full health after missing the majority of the 2013 season due to a hip injury. Despite losing Golden Taint in free agency to the Detroit Lions, the team extended Doug Baldwin and drafted Paul Richardsonand Kevin Norwood to add to the mix at the receiver position for Seattle.

Along with veterans Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette and Sidney Rice, Wilson is extremely impressed with the pass catchers for the Seahawks during OTAs the past two weeks.

“That’s been the best looking position so far – with our offense, at least,” Wilson said Monday. “They’ve done a tremendous job. Their knowledge of the game, their explosiveness, Percy Harvin being out there finally healthy. He feels great, he looks great, he’s catching the ball extremely well. Doug Baldwin is looking exceptional. Jermaine Kearse – you’ve got some young guys too that are stepping up. There’s so many guys I can name down the list to be honest with you. It’s been a lot of fun.”

The speed element brought by Harvin, Richardson and Lockette gives the Seahawks offense an added dynamic, according to Wilson.

“Our receivers right now are as fast as it gets,” Wilson said. “You’ve got Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse is extremely fast too. Then you add Paul Richardson who you saw today went for that deep, deep ball that I threw to him. He’s looking exceptional as well. So I think our receiver group is probably one of the faster in the league right now, based on who we have.”

Seattle’s passing offense ranked just 26th in the league in yardage last season with just over 200 yards passing a game. Taint was also the team’s leading receiver last year. However, the proposition of having Harvin healthy for the majority of next season, along with the additions Richardson and Norwood, could allow the Seahawks offense to become more explosive this fall.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
They better be fast if they want to have a chance of getting lucky with this defensive line. I don't see a lot of time for downfield plays developing.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
So they're great playing against air...got it. :jerkoff:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In other news, Seattle's offensive line is only getting worse with Carpenter showing up out of shape.

I dream of Wilson trying to go deep under pressure. He's a weakling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gonna be hard to see them running from your back ... Russ.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Didn't Wilson have, just about, the Fewest, Pass Attempts of any QB last year!? I think Our D-Line may set QB sack records, of a single QB, with Wilson!:ROFLMAO:

RamEERS

Pastor
speed without hands is basically the receivers running into the ball without catching it

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This article creases me up - like Wilson is actually going to throw the ball and not just hand it off to Marshawn!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That speed wil allow them to get back to the LOS in a hurry, after Wilson is sacked for the 6th time in a game.