Russel Wilson & Seattle 4 game review from 2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I watched four full games of Russell Wilson
A few observations about him and the team;

Wilson against Arizona (2X), SF and the Saints:
a) his line was not so good at pass blocking--they are bad, I think.
b) if he wasn't scrambling to make a play he looks like just another 2nd string qb.
c) if he was scrambling, I can't think of anyone more dangerous
buying time to make a first down throw.
d) his accuracy on the run was John Elway-amazing.
e) all his great throws were outside the pocket; it rare he throws a ball
12+ yards in the air past the line of scrimmage, from the pocket.
f)if he was on the ramsin 2012 he would have been very, very bad.
The two O tackles were really bad, and he would have only looked
for Amendola.
g) I think he has a clock in his head; and he is very intelligent.
h) Only the Rams seem to know how to game plan him
i) he is very valuable because of how bad Seattle's line is.

Seattle Overall:
a) D line just keeps going all game long
b) fast everywhere on D (duh)
c) No one could even test Sherman...
d) Without Mebane, I think they would have trouble against the run
e) teams will learn how to beat maxwell (2nd corner); he won't be that good in 2014
f) SFran and Arizona will beat Seattle at least 2X between them. I would not be surprised
if Arizona beats them twice.
g) Okung was hurt all year; he wasn't so great.
h) Golden Taint was huge in every game I saw. Big loss.
i) their Right tackle Bowie and Giacomini are gone this year..and the rookie Britt isn't so good (yet)
j) Seattle will go 3-3 in the division at best...and finish 11-5 at best...and that is if they play well.
k) Rams can play with them if Britt plays like he can and Quick plays like we are reading in camp reports.
l) the worst schedule for Rams; play seattle 6 days after playing SanFran. If they can beat them
on a 6 day rest, Fish for president.
m) Aaron Donald should eat up the Seattle guards
n) No way Seattle repeats: SF, Rams, Saints, Greenbay & Arizona can all play with them. I didn't say
they are better.

what say ye?

YankyRam

UDFA
Name
Yanky Ram
I think your assessment of Wilson is good. I want to see how he plays when he has to play from behind. That hasn't been the scenario for most of his short career.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think they're heavily overrated. Not sure about Maxwell, but Browner and Thurmond were not replaced. OL sucks, Wilson won't out run Donald. Their passing game is in way worse shape than ours, but u never hear about it.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think your assessment of Wilson is good. I want to see how he plays when he has to play from behind. That hasn't been the scenario for most of his short career.
Yes---and of course, no running game when behind to wet nurse him

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The preseason game against Denver was crazy in the beginning. Seattle was hammering people. The most notable Defenders were Earl Thomas and his great closing speed and a new LBer named Coyle. Their D line didn't dominate and the WRs struggled to get open. If C. Michael gets some holes he will gash people, but he didn't get much room against Denver.

It was only preseason but that first half was one of the best preseason games I have watched. Very intense....too intense. Denver ended up with some key injuries. They are now hurting for a RB. Maybe the Rams can trade them Pead!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think they're heavily overrated. Not sure about Maxwell, but Browner and Thurmond were not replaced. OL sucks, Wilson won't out run Donald. Their passing game is in way worse shape than ours, but u never hear about it.
I like your reality, and mostly agree. Maxwell had an awesome 2013 statisically.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I still think wilson is overrated, he is heady and a good scrambler but he cant carry that team on his own.

Alan

Legend
YankyRam done with lurking:
Welcome to the ROD Yanky! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :lifting::seizure: :rockon: :cheers:
Glad you decided to join the ROD community. If you like the Rams you'll think you're in heaven here. :)

We frequently use blue font when we're just joking around so if you come across something in that font color don't take it at face value (except when applicable). :LOL:

We also have a members map which shows you where most of our members are. Stop by and pin your location. I promise I won't post anymore Jewish songs if you do. :LOL:
This one's for my wife, a wonderful Jewish girl and the mother of my only daughter:

images
images

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
My take after watching Seattle vs Denver preseason last night was that all of Wilson's bigger down field throws were seam passes to the slot or tight end. He has good touch on that throw and it doesn't take much time in the pocket to execute it especially from the shotgun. My conclusion is you take away the middle of the field to limit their big play potential while in the pocket, then contain so you don't let them extend the play outside the pocket. That also happens to be a coverage the Rams have struggled with in recent years between the linebackers and safeties. Hopefully Ogletree, Joiner, more experience at the safety position along with some A gap blitzing is the answer this year.

cracengl

Rookie
I don't think a team that beats SF on the way to a Super Bowl is overrated. However, they just prove that it's a team game and you can succeed in more ways than just with your QB "elevating those around him and willing his team to a win, wash, rinse, repeat."

Mick

Pro Bowler
A downgraded Hawks OL, coupled with an upgraded Rams DL is going to make for some fun football this year for me....I keep having visions of Q or Long doing this to #3 :banana:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I don't think a team that beats SF on the way to a Super Bowl is overrated. However, they just prove that it's a team game and you can succeed in more ways than just with your QB "elevating those around him and willing his team to a win, wash, rinse, repeat."
I agree. They are still a top 4 team. I just believe that people fear them too much.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think there's anything not to like about Wilson. His team is another story. Their fans ... another story. But Wilson is about as comfortable behind center as anyone I've seen. The key, obviously, is to ramp up the pressure to the point that he can't get comfortable and his internal clock speeds up exponentially. Then he'll look no better than anyone else out there. All QBs can be made to look like garbage, and that's apparently Fisher's objective.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The game last night showed a major difference in the Seahawks game. They lost key depth on their d-line. They lost a key piece in their secondary. Their o-line still has major flaws. How long can the scrambling Wilson cover for them? If we can stop Lynch, their offense dies.
That said, they still have excellent team speed. Never saw a preseason game 1 feature the 1's so long. It was some serious hitting, and ridiculous penalties. Denver's team has seriously improved. I don't know if it was the return of some injured plus their off-season additions, but they looked better on defense & their o-line.
They'll have an interesting time playing with a target on their chest. They could miss the playoffs altogether if we jump out and win the division.