Russ Lande - Scout for The Sporting News on 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/04/04182012113210.mp3[/rp3]

Scouting report available at http://russlande.com
All the latest injury and character concerns available there.

(If Justin Blackmon does get down to #6, would you take him?)
Is he worthy of that pick? Yeah. It is close between he and Michael Floyd though. Does the organization believe in taking receivers in the first round? If so, then yeah, take him. Reminds me of Anquan Boldin. He's a very powerful runner after the catch. If you want a consistent, highly productive guy, this is your guy.

(Is that gap that significant between Blackmon and Floyd?)
Blackmon is a little bit better than Floyd. Not a drastic difference. Blackmon is stronger and more violent after the catch. Floyd is more polished. If I were the Rams, with all the issues they have, I would definitely pass on the receivers though. In the 2nd and 3rd, there are receivers to be had. It's hard to get good OL and pass rushers, and it's more difficult to find those in the latter rounds. There are guys who are going to be there (in the later rounds), and that's Juron Criner. He's not a blazer (high 4.5's), but he's a big kid just like Blackmon and Floyd. He's 6'3 220, and his route running/ball skills are very very good. He might even be there in the third round.

(Your opinion on Richardson)
In terms of talent, he's a special back. The best I've ever evaluated in 30 years. I've never seen a RB with his combination of running skills, catching skills, and his EXTRAORDINARY ability to be an integral part of your passing game right away. That's what separates him from all the other backs. I'm not a real big believer in taking runningbacks in the first round though.

(Ryan Tannehill. Like him? Who would you compare him to?)
I really like him. When you look at the things he has going for him. He's a big QB with a big arm, and he can get rid of the ball quickly. His release point is a little low, but for a young guy, he's very good. When he gets flushed from the pocket, he works along the LOS instead of scrambling, trying to find a target. He reminds me of Jay Cutler, but more confident and without the emotional swings. I think he could be one of those guys who you end up looking at and not believing he was taken later.

(What do you think of Fisher's drafting record while in Tennessee?)
It's impossible to know who actually had the power there unless you were in the room, but they had the tendency to focus a lot on drafting guys who were superior athletically. Guys they thought they could turn into better players. They would also gamble on character issues, but would take a chance on them if they were gifted athletically. It should be interesting to see how he and Snead work together, but you can tell he went after the athletic guys while in Tennessee.

(On Snead)
I don't know Les personally, but I do know that the people he worked with in Atlanta brought some unique ideas, and focused more on tape than workouts. I think Les comes from a great building, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be a great general manager, which is something the Rams have lacked for quite some time.