Running back evaluation...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:
Faceplant said:
What he said ^^^. This offense needs all the preseason it can get. We were outgained 450 to 198 in total yds last night. They had 27 first downs to our ELEVEN. THAT is pathetic. This offense has been turderific for years now and doesn't look any better thus far in preseason. Lots of work to do. Lots of it.

How many of Denver's yards were gained with their 1st string OL in vs the Rams backup/3rd string D in the 2nd half?
3IKVOdn.png

I'll have to look at the game again, but they were out by the 4th. Not sure when they came out in the 3rd. They were in for at least the TD after half, I think.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Faceplant said:
What he said ^^^. This offense needs all the preseason it can get. We were outgained 450 to 198 in total yds last night. They had 27 first downs to our ELEVEN. THAT is pathetic. This offense has been turderific for years now and doesn't look any better thus far in preseason. Lots of work to do. Lots of it.

I won't even mention Denver's 30 plays in the 1st Q and 49 in the first half! :omg:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ramsince62 said:
CGI_Ram said:
ramsince62 said:
CGI_Ram said:
jap said:
CGI_Ram said:
I find knowing where the RB's are at to be one of the biggest mysteries of the team.

To this point teams have been loading up and making it very difficult to create running lanes. Once we prove to teams to respect our pass, that should loosen.

Unlike years past, it feels like we're 4 deep and that feels pretty good.

The only reason they are successful loading up is because Fish is holding back the offense. I would love to see the cards try to load up the LOS on this Horns team. A couple TD's to Chris and Jared, and they will rediscover the beauty of playing off the LOS. :lol:

I almost wish we didn't have a 4th preseason game to play. It feels like we're ready for week 1 - or at the very least - ready to expand things for the regular season.

Really?

Let's see we can't run for shyte, pre-snap penalties all over the place and just exactly how many "sustained" drives have we seen by this offense ending with a TD? Let's see, this week 0, last 2 games before then how many were there? Vanilla or no vanilla, just as Bradford and Fisher both suggested, they still have a lot of work to do.....thank heaven they still have two weeks to prepare, they need every second of it.

I suspect this season will be earmarked by the spectacular plays we'll see from the likes of Austin & Cook, but for me it's about consistancy and production (TD's). This team MUST be able to average AT LEAST 24 points a game and probably closer to 28 pts to have a shot at a playoff spot.

Don't get me wrong, I love spectacular plays, who doesn't? But if they can't execute with consistancy and maintain ball control, we may end up with a full reel of highlights and another year below .500.

Yeah, I mean if we're going to stay vanilla and not scheme I've seen enough. Without a scheme do you really expect the running game to improve? The likelihood of sustained drives without a scheme?

Pre-snap penalties have mostly been the 2nd units, eh?

I think the only significant benefit game 4 is the younger players and roster decisions.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Gee, CGI, I wonder how the other teams do it preseason or are the Rams the only ones not scheming to this point? This O line isn't run blocking well enough (yet), is there any doubt? As for pre-snap penalties, I'd have to go back and review the game, but I think you're mistaken, the starters had their share I believe.

In this game, the defense kept us in it, that's what I saw anyway.

Look, I see there is work to be done. I just don't know if a team with all its coaches and systems returning from last year needs 4 preseason games.

Sure, I think the rookies could use it... But I don't think a 4th game gets this team much closer to ready than we are now.

Another factor I've not mentioned regarding the 4th game; Fisher plays the vets when most teams trot out desperate football players looking to make a name. I don't like the risk.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

iced

ramsince62 said:
Faceplant said:

I won't even mention Denver's 30 plays in the 1st Q and 49 in the first half! :omg:

Wow really?

We had less plays on offense thanks to our D and Special teams...better field position.

don't get me wrong - i'm not saying we don't need to improve, but those huge plays by austin and ogletree definitely changed the amount of "plays" we would run on offense.

I mean, we ran 1 play on our first drive....got a td...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
ramsince62 said:
Faceplant said:

Wow really?

We had less plays on offense thanks to our D and Special teams...better field position.

don't get me wrong - i'm not saying we don't need to improve, but those huge plays by austin and ogletree definitely changed the amount of "plays" we would run on offense.

That's a good point. In 22 plays, Denver scored 2 TD's.
Conversely, in 1 offensive play, the Rams scored 2 TD's.

iced

X said:
iced said:
ramsince62 said:
Faceplant said:

Wow really?

That's a good point. In 22 plays, Denver scored 2 TD's.
Conversely, in 1 offensive play, the Rams scored 2 TD's.

exactly.

what happened after ogletree's strip and score?

The defense goes right back out, offense back to the sideline...

think being tired may have affected our D a bit too?

even the little things add up