Run to wins in the playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Here is a comparison in Yards rushing in the playoffs. The team in bold is the winner. Notice that in round 2 the team that won had fewer rushing yards than the team that one by 3/4.

Now I am an advocate of a good running game, however is this a window into how much more important it is to be able to pass the ball? Is featuring the run really just a recipe for losing these days? The Rams threw more than they ran and some posters are wondering where this vaunted power run scheme is that Fisher supposedly loves. Maybe Fisher is more mainstream than we realize and he knows that passing trumps running in the NFL.

Afterall he did give Schottenheimers spread attack a try. I am sure he wants to be able to grind out a 3 and 2 whenever it is needed but I don't expect that we will see this run heavy offense that some want and many expect.

Round 1
Pittsburgh 68
Ravens 53

Colts 114

Bengals 110

Cardinals 27
Panthers 188

Cowboys 73

Lions 90

Round 2
Ravens 136
Patriots 14

Colts 99
Broncos 88

Seattle 100
Carolina 132

Cowboys 145
Green Bay 119

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Interesting post/stats.

It's definitely a passing league and the rules are making that even more so.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
remember this thread after Seattle wins by pounding the ball down their throat and shut down Brady or Rodgers.

Alan

Legend
Keep in mind that teams who are losing usually have to pass more to catch up.

On the other hand, teams who are ahead usually try to run more to eat up the clock.

So much for my contribution. :LOL:

Although I think that by and large, my first point usually trumps my second point. :confused:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
David Peacock said this is our team. Therefore, I can respond with "we" all I want because I'm part owner along with all the other Rams fans. Duh!
? Did we make the playoffs? Just confused by your first post. I need to check to be sure but I thought we passed more