Rumors Rams move to 1 already starting...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I sure would like to see Goff in a Rams jersey. I'd prefer we didn't use both seconds to do so. Use future picks. We still need a receiver too

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I definitely think it's gonna take future picks to get to 1 from where we're at plus at least one of those 2s.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, maybe if they think enough of Darrell Williams they can send them GRob with some picks. The Titans need a OLT badly. Maybe Battle was showing progress? I recall when they traded for Jim Everett. They had to give up William Fuller. I hated to see him go, but the Oilers needed a DE.

Or maybe they send picks and Williams or Battle. Who knows. I just hate to see them give too much up, at the same time, I hate to see them go without a top shelf QB for the next ten years. My soul cannot take it.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I prefer Wentz but Im beginning to get the feeling that the rams will have to trade up for him too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I prefer Wentz but Im beginning to get the feeling that the rams will have to trade up for him too.

I am certain they will have to trade up for Wentz, Lynch, or Goff. If they are flirting with the Titans then they already feel that there is a clear front runner that they like. If the three are deemed to be good enough you could see them go 1, 2, 3. I know, not likely but having to have a top QB to do anything in the playoffs is very apparent these days. GMs and owners will be back to desperation mode this year IMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good. I hope to fate that we use it on Goff if we get it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams are attractive because they have 2 2nd rounders.
Wonder if Tennessee would have interest in Tre Mason also

RamBill

Legend
Would The Rams Trade Up For The No. 1 Overall Pick?
By Nate Latsch

http://www.scout.com/nfl/rams/story/1637441-would-rams-trade-up-to-no-1-overall

The Tennessee Titans are rumored to be shopping the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 Draft. Could the quarterback-needy Los Angeles Rams trade up?

The Rams are making their big move from St. Louis to Los Angeles for the 2016 season. Could they also be making a big move up the draft board to nab a franchise quarterback?

There’s some talk about that possibility coming out of Mobile, Ala., the home of the Senior Bowl, this week.

NFL Draft analyst Matt Miller of Bleacher Report wrote on Friday that the Tennessee Titans are shopping the No. 1 overall pick and the Rams and Cleveland Browns are the most likely to be interested in trading up to acquire that draft choice.

The talk of Mobile was North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz, a player who led his team to back-to-back FCS championships and may fit the bill as a prototypical NFL QB prospect with his arm talent, size and athletic ability.

Wentz, Jared Goff of California and Paxton Lynch of Memphis — in whatever order you’d like to rank them — are generally regarded as the top three quarterback prospects eligible for the 2016 Draft.

How do the Rams come in?

They are one of several teams still searching for the elusive franchise quarterback who can lift them from the ranks of the NFL’s downtrodden and elevate them into legitimate playoff contender and, if the stars align just right, a Super Bowl champion.
Let’s be honest. The excitement over the Rams return to Los Angeles will wear off pretty quickly if they continue to pile up non-winning, non-playoff seasons like they have over the last decade.

For all the praise Rams coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead have heaped upon incumbent starting quarterback Case Keenum over the last few months, Keenum is still the same guy who was let go from the quarterback-needy Houston Texans twice in the past two years and was also released by the QB-needy Rams once.

Keenum has proven that he can win games in the NFL. So has Nick Foles, Austin Davis, Shaun Hill, Kellen Clemens and Sam Bradford during the Rams’ recent run of mediocrity under Fisher.

But none of those players have shown the ability to take the Rams to the next level. That’s what the Rams are missing.

Fisher and Snead have built a roster that can win games and looks like should compete for a playoff spot next season.

The Rams beat the Seattle Seahawks twice and the Arizona Cardinals once this season on their way to seven wins. They also lost four games by one touchdown or less — the difference between a losing season or earning a playoff berth for the first time since 2004.

There’s no certainty that drafting a quarterback with the No. 1 pick will mean he is going to become that transcendent franchise player.

If Bradford had become the player the Rams hoped for when they picked him No. 1 overall in 2010 out of Oklahoma, the team wouldn’t still be searching for that guy. They might not even be packing up and relocating to the City of Angels this offseason.

It didn’t work out with Bradford, so the Rams are still looking.

What would it cost to move up to the No. 1 overall pick? That’s the question that will need to be answered in the next few months.

The Rams have selections in the first two rounds — the No. 15 pick in the first and the 43rd and 45th overall picks in the second round — as well as future first-round picks they could trade away.

The Rams got three first-round picks from Washington back in 2012 so the Redskins could select Robert Griffin III with the No. 2 overall pick. It’s probably unlikely any team would make that kind of deal, but if you’re the Titans you would try to maximize the value.

Over the next weeks and months teams will have to determine if Wentz, Goff or Lynch are worth that kind of investment. The Titans’ pick carries extra value for a team looking to draft a quarterback because the Browns, picking second, might take one.

The Rams need one but whether they are willing they pay the price to make that move is still to be determined. They are moving to a new city but still could stuck in neutral without the right quarterback.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
it's fun to discuss such a trade but it is not likely to happen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hells yes. RG3 deal right now. Make it happen Snead! Get your QB!!!

you-can-do-it.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and btw... Going up to 1 overall is far more preferable than to, say, 8 or so. Costs more but they can get the guy they covet. No BS, you know who you're gonna get.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I would be happy with it, as long as it doesn't take an RG3 type haul, which it doesn't seem like it would.

jjab360

Legend
I don't think they'd (Fish, Snead) have the guts to pull the trigger (too conservative) on a trade to #1
Fisher is too conservative on the field, but off the field him and Snead are one of the most aggressive FOs in the NFL imo. The RG3 trade, the Tavon trade, Barron trade, Foles-Bradford, Isaiah Battle, Michael Sam, etc.

Also reports were they were pretty active last year trying to trade up with Tenn to get Mariota, just weren't able to get anything done. If they see a QB worth the 1st pick, I think there's a good chance we see some wheeling and dealing to make it happen.