Rumor: Eagles could trade Bradford for Manziel.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
And they want a draft pick out of it.

Personally, I hope they do it. It would bring me great pleasure to watch Johnny Privilege get embarrassed twice a year. I'm still mad at Jerry for wanting to draft him; thank God his son said NO.

Chip Kelly is going to be run out of that city real soon. It's going to be a fun season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrandonGowton

*sorry, I don't know how to link that address.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If they trade him, we don't owe the Eagles any picks in 2016...right?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As far as compensatory picks? I'm not sure, but I want to say no.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The compensatory pick was due to Sam's playing time WITH the Eagles, I believe, if we didn't write that into the contract, then we messed up!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I would like to have the pick back but I would hate to see Bradford get stuck with the Browns.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eagles sign Tebow and trade with the Browns straight up... Tebow for Manziel.

Gotta love the quiet time of time of the season!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I thought he was in rehab. Is he even a viable option at this point?

Don't do drugs kids.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Personally, I hope they do it. It would bring me great pleasure to watch Johnny Privilege get embarrassed twice a year. I'm still mad at Jerry for wanting to draft him; thank God his son said NO.

Chip Kelly is going to be run out of that city real soon. It's going to be a fun season.

If I were a Dallas fan I would have my fingers crossed too. Kelly is a big problem for you guys IMO, and once he gets the right guy in place at QB I think you're gonna have a lot to reckon with every season; he's that good strategically on offense.

As a Rams fan I really don't care, though, since the Rams defense will eat Sam "Checkdown" Bradford for lunch this season. But it would be nice to see him in Cleveland since it would get him out of the NFC altogether.

Lastly, unlike 99% of the rest of the fans I am not so certain JM is going to fail in the NFL. So there is that chance of course he plays well for Kelly and you find yourself facing a playmaker in an offense that suits his considerable skill 2x a year. So maybe be careful what you wish for lol.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
No disrespect to the OP, but this is ludicrous. Why would Kelly want the midget? And who the hell is Brandon Gowton?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

If the Eagles did that....Kelly would get fired not long after.....

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
No disrespect to the OP, but this is ludicrous. Why would Kelly want the midget? And who the hell is Brandon Gowton?
I have no clue. That's also why I put RUMOR in the thread title.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
If I were a Dallas fan I would have my fingers crossed too. Kelly is a big problem for you guys IMO, and once he gets the right guy in place at QB I think you're gonna have a lot to reckon with every season; he's that good in offense.

meh. I don't buy that for a second. They win games, don't get me wrong, but I don't think his offense will last long in the NFL. IF they get a good QB, I might worry, but who is that QB going to throw to? He got rid of all their weapons. I highly doubt demarco Murray plays an entire season. We'll see.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I don't see it happening. Johnny Manziel is basically a non-entity at this point. I mean ffs the guys in rehab. Coming into his second year in the league....and he looked awful as a rookie anway, and people said his skill set wouldn't translate and that's what it looked like and...and...and....etc...

If Kelly wanted a different QB why wouldn't he have accepted another first round pick already for Bradford and then use it as ammo to move up for Mariota?

Re: Rynie's concern (or lack of it) for DeMarco Murray. I wouldn't be so sure he plays 16 games either. The stats for RB's who carry the ball that many times in a season don't look good. It kind of just wears the legs out of them. We might have already seen the best of him.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Well, if the Brownies are (allegedly) willing to trade Manziel plus picks to the Eagles for Bradford, one might also assume that Snead declined a similar offer.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
11133833_689553204506174_912898160251263823_n.jpg

Says right here that he's a Credentialed Eagles Reporter. It must be true because it's on Twitter!!!!!