Rueben Randle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Isnt he a free agent after this year. He had a quiet break out last year that was overshadowed by Beckham. 71 catches 938 yds and 3 tds. Think he would compliment Austin well. Also would be cheaper then Alshon. I would still draft a receiver.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. There's a reason why FA is such a mixed bag when it comes to success. You're taking a risk in a situation where it's not conducive to risk (a market with a bunch of bidders where the demand often outweighs the supply and the blind bid model often pushes price even above what demand would dictate).

If I'm going to sign a guy in FA and take that risk, he either needs to be an undervalued commodity or a 25-27 year old certified stud. I don't see Randle as either one. I wouldn't even consider him a good #2 WR. He's the type of guy that often gets overpaid on the market and leaves the fans of his new team wondering why they're paying an average WR such very good WR money.

Personally, I'd avoid FA for the most part this year. Just aren't many guys that I think fit into what I am looking for. And unfortunately, a good chunk of the guys that do either play a position we don't need (like Malik Jackson from Denver) or will likely be retained by their current team (like Alshon Jeffery from Chicago).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I recall Golic saying that when you come into the league you share a bond with your team just like High School and College. Once you go to another team it is tough to recreate that same feeling with a new team. Plus when some guys get the big money it changes their motivation, which combined with the loss of chemistry, is why so many free agents don't play as well as they did with their first team.

In other cases the free agent is getting older and his skills are declining and that does not help with the loss of chemistry.

If a team signs a free agent it should either be a superstar like Reggie White, who is a leader wherever he goes and is self motivated, or is a lower risk type.

The chemistry thing is very big according to him though and is why many new coaches like to get players that they are familiar with, in hopes that they feel the comfort level with many of the same coaches.

I hope the Rams can sign their own and if they sign a WR it is a guy that can succeed no matter where he is, like Brandon Marshall.

…..

Legend
Randle has not capitalized on the absence of Victor Cruz even though he's technically Beckums backup on the depth chart. He's slowly but surely begun to give up snaps to Dwayne Harris.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Methinks if Quick or Britt were in New York and Randle was with the Rams some would be calling for the Rams to pick up one of the former in free agency. Randle is no better than what the Rams already have on the roster.