Round 7 Pick 7 (224) - ILB Bryce Hager

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Me too, possibly with his speed, he could back up Barron.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Worth noting, Bryce Hager goes onto the list of RGIII picks. That is, Zac Stacey was was an RGIII trade pick, so the guy we got for Stacey in trade is likewise an RGIII pick.

RamBill

Legend
Twitter Reaction to Bryce Hager Pick

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Rams have selected Baylor LB Bryce Hager with that Stacy pick. #Yikes

Ron Clements ‏@Ron_Clements

Hager was one of my Day 3 steals. Great value pick by the #Rams.

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

And the offensive streak is over. Rams go with Baylor ILB Bryce Hager. #STLPick

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Bryce is the son of former Rams linebacker Britt Hager, who was w/Rams in 1997.

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Britt Hager appeared in 13 games in '97 and finished with 3 tackles and 1 special teams tackle.

Bryce Hager ran a 4.49 in the 40 at Baylor's spring day in 2014.

Coach Art Briles ‏@CoachArtBriles

Congrats to Bryce Hager and the St. Louis Rams! Getting great bloodlines and a great player!

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

Rams will like Baylor LB Bryce Hager. Tough, ran well at combine. Started every year. Smart. Captain. Great special teams player.

Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate

With the 224th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Bryce Hager, LB. Baylor. East/west LB; 4-3 only. Impressed at Combine.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I actually do like this pick.

So give the tally of picks you liked and disliked? Also I do need your address so I can send you your Sean Mannion jersey.
0ap2000000249573.jpg

RamBill

Legend
Total breakdown: Rams draft LB Bryce Hager in seventh round
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...wn-rams-draft-lb-bryce-hager-in-seventh-round

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- A few quick thoughts on the St. Louis Rams' seventh-round draft pick:

The pick: Bryce Hager, linebacker, Baylor

My take:The streak is over. After seven consecutive offensive selections to open the draft, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams finally got the chance to come out and play. Hager is the Rams' first defensive selection this year, and he's an interesting one. He earned All-American honors in 2014 and was a second-team All-Big 12 Conference performer for three consecutive years. For his career, Hager had 322 tackles, 24 for loss and 26 quarterback hurries. He was a three-year starter for the Bears. At 6-foot-2, 235 pounds, Hager figures to compete for a spot behind James Laurinaitis and chip in on special teams.

Bloodlines: The Rams have never been a team to shy away from players who come from a strong pedigree. At minimum, Hager certainly has that going for him. He's the son of former NFL linebacker Britt Hager, who played nine years in the league for the Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and the Rams. The elder Hager played for the Rams in 1997, appearing in 13 games with three tackles on defense and one special-teams stop. He was also a solid special-teams performer in his career, a path that Bryce Hager will likely have to follow to earn a roster spot.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Interesting pick. Wouldnt it be funny if the Rams moved him and Ifedi to offense?

Lber depth is pretty bad. It seems that the only real LBer backup they have is Bates. Dunbar too if they keep him. Sounds like he could contribute on Special Teams right away.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup. Special teamer. Probably an OLB in the pros but ILB experience if needed. Gets to the ball.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Love the workout numbers and measurements. Great 40. That speed should help him keep up with TE's. Read some scouting reports and he reminds me a lot of JL55 from what I read. Very good in coverage, but not a down hill run stuffer guy.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Love the workout numbers and measurements. Great 40. That speed should help him keep up with TE's. Read some scouting reports and he reminds me a lot of JL55 from what I read. Very good in coverage, but not a down hill run stuffer guy.