Round 7 Pick 234: Ejuan Price, DE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Getting that James Harrison vibe big time from him. Tough guy with a great first step and is very strong.

Sure Wade is going to bring him in on passing downs for some extra rush.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Another good pick in my book. I have seen Price against PSU. I remember they tried to recruit him but Pitt won out. He is a good pass rusher. For a seventh round pick it was good value. I prefer a productive football player with proven skill over an athletic freak like Fendi Onobun, that nobody has any idea if he can play football.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I've been advocating for real Fullback for years.

I didn't like these hybrid tight ends that didn't specializing in catching or blocking and seemed only so-so at both.

I don't see anything wrong with using a late-round pick to get a snot knocking FB that lives to nail a linebacker at the second level.

Gurley was very successful at running out of the I formation in Georgia.

Let's see how it works first before we criticize the pick.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OVERVIEW

"Juan" Price has a shoe collection that would make former leaders in the Philippines jealous. That collection may go into the thousands of pairs if he has as much success in the NFL as he had rushing the passer for Pitt the past two seasons. Price started his career as an inside linebacker, starting five games there as a true freshman in 2011 (27 tackles, 6.5 for loss, four sacks). But then the injuries came. He redshirted 2012 with a pectoral injury, missed half of the 2013 season (23 tackles, four TFL in six games) with a back injury, and sat out another full season with a chest muscle malady in 2014. Finally healthy in his fifth year with the Panthers, Price had 48 tackles, 19.5 for loss, and led the ACC in sacks per game (0.88, 11.5 totals) gaining a first-team all-conference nod. Five of those sacks came in one game against Louisville. Price had 13 sacks again in another first-team All-ACC season this fall, and was also named second-team Walter Camp All-American by ranking second in the FBS with 23 tackles for loss (45 total stops).

STRENGTHS
Quick-twitch athlete with elite playmaking production over last two seasons. Stutter steps and head fakes in rush approach causes uncertainty for tackles. Able to juke inside and bounce back out to create an edge opening as rusher. Built low to ground and plays strong through redirect blocks to trim the edge. Flashes explosive spin counter that can create wins. Absolute bulldog when he smells a sack opportunity. Stout and strong. Big burst to close out quarterbacks. Disruptive in gaps against the run. Sudden stunts inside are often too quick for tackles to counter. Willing to take chances to make plays in backfield.

WEAKNESSES

Missed more than two seasons with injuries. Burst-based athlete missing long speed. Slow to transition when forced to make sharp directional changes. Unable to run down running backs headed for corner. Needs to finish plays. Can be quick to shut motor down if he doesn't think a tackle is within range. Appeared gassed at times. Struggles to counter long-limbed tackles with a quick punch. Face-up rusher missing upper body flexibility and hip flip. Needs soft edge to turn the corner.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 5-6

SOURCES TELL US

"He's a little ball of dynamite. He's got some physical limitations, which will keep him from getting picked early, but I see an NFL rusher. He's strong and twitchy and can finish when he gets the tackle beat." -- Director of scouting for NFC team

NFL COMPARISON

James Harrison

BOTTOM LINE

Stiff-hipped, straight-line rusher who is limited in his rush approach, but has the burst and twitch to finish what he starts. The comparison with James Harrison has more to do with the stature, playing style and rush production that both men possess. While his draft stock might be limited, he has the ability to be a sub-package rusher who could flash on the next level.-Lance Zierlein
This^^ was a Fantastic pick, great value, and dare I say probably "Grand-Theft" to get him in the 7th!! Way-to-go Rams!!

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

Great tape. Splash plays, array of pass rush moves, penetration, smooth in few reps covering the RB. Only time they stopped him is when they doubled him, which they realized they had to do a lot.