Round 6 Pick 39 (215) - OG Cody Wichmann

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cody-wichmann?id=2553332

Analysis
Strengths
Thick and strong with a frame to hold up against power players. Duck-footed drive blocker after impact. Has enough power to generate push as base blocker and can jolt edge when pulling in short areas. Plus anchor. Held up against Leonard Williams early in 2014. Sees twists coming and can catch twister. Has radar to land his down block in sweet spot and seal off defender.
Weaknesses
Average initial quickness and below-average athlete. Can handle himself in small spaces, but struggles when asked to leave his property and block in space. Will likely miss his mark if block isn't on schedule and he's asked to adjust to a sudden change of direction.
Draft Projection
Round 6 or 7
Bottom Line
Durable, NFL-caliber build with average to below-average feet, but above-average strength and anchor. Wichmann will be limited by his lack of athleticism and will need to find a home in a power-blocking scheme that allows him to live in a phone booth and maul his opposition.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I love it!! This was exactly what I was asking for. The Rams front office addressing the offense and the oline in a big way. Not exactly the way I wanted it, but I'm definitely not going to split hairs. Overall very happy with this draft:cheers:
characte

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Geez. I don't think Snisher have left a whole lot of doubt about what kind of offense they're putting together. "Subtle" left the building 2 rounds ago.

RamBill

Legend
Twitter Reaction to Cody Wichmann Pick

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Rams go offensive line again. This time it's Cody Wichmann, a guard from Fresno State. #STLPick

St. Louis Rams ‏@STLouisRams

With the No. 215 pick, the #Rams select Fresno State offensive guard Cody Wichmann.

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams might as well have gone fishing this weekend.

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

If you're keeping score at home, Rams have taken seven consecutive offensive players, including four offensive linemen. #STLPick

Nate Latsch ‏@NateLatsch

The #STLRams go big again with their second sixth-round pick: OL Cody Wichmann from Fresno State is 6-5 and 319 pounds.

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris

The Rams are going to start 10 OL and 1 QB apparently.

Fresno State FB ‏@FresnoStateFB

Cody Wichmann, a 2x All @mountainwest selection, started in 50 career games, the second most starts by any Bulldog in the last eight years.

Josh Webb (Twist) ‏@FightOnTwist

Nice grab by the Rams there. Cody Wichmann is a grinder and warrior. Rams could use the help and he's a willing worker.

Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate

With the 215th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Cody Wichmann, G. Fresno State. Seasoned dual guard or right tackle.

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Cody Wichmann attended same high school and college as Logan Mankins.

Cameron Worrell ‏@CamWorrell

Cody Wichmann had an excellent pro day, ran 4.9 in the 40 and really shot up draft boards. Did his pro day training @APSportsFresno

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Like Havenstein and Brown, Wichmann has a bunch of starts to his name. 50 to be exact. Two time all Mountain West player. #STLPick

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another OL with a bunch of starts. It's like they're tired of having a bunch of injuries on the line.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
looks like the best 5 players will be starting on the OLine, with all the competition in camp. any chance of signing blalock now (my thought is that Barksdale's non signinng will help pay for Blalock), or do the Rams deal with the inexperienced line this year?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another OL with a bunch of starts. It's like they're tired of having a bunch of injuries on the line.

i think anyone (fans, front office, etc.) are tired of having a bunch of injuries on the OLine.) i like the comment about the Rams starting 10 OL and 1 QB.
they definitely are trying to make the OL a positive and stronger feature of the Rams. despite seeing other "good" prospects not being drafted, I have to be impressed that Fisher/Williams have been able to do whats best for the team. (carl davis and michael bennett were both available along with some LB's).

jjab360

Legend
My only real concern at this point is corner.
Jenkins, Johnson, Gaines, Joyner?

Concerned that we won't be able to get them all enough PT or concerned that somehow both Jenkins and TruJo leave in free agency after next year?

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Cameron Worrell ‏@CamWorrell

Cody Wichmann had an excellent pro day, ran 4.9 in the 40 and really shot up draft boards. Did his pro day training @APSportsFresno

Wow, really?? That's cool. Joel Bitonio jumped from the 5th to the 2nd on the strength of a sub-5 40.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lol at JT, no matter what happens, he whines like a bitch.

I hate that he tried to embarrass every fucking pick we made. He needs to go.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Concerned that we won't be able to get them all enough PT or concerned that somehow both Jenkins and TruJo leave in free agency after next year?

Concerned that we don't have a shutdown corner. We have a stable of really good corners, but we need one to become the guy who doesn't blow the big play to the star receiver.

Last season Rams go to the playoffs with better corners IMHO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

And don't forget Marcus Roberson and you and me and Brandon McGee...Although McGee should be forgettable.