Round 6 Pick 206: Sam Rogers, FB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Va Tech lets one special team player wear the #25 each week to honor ex coach Frank Beamer (was Beamer's # when he played). You need to look up the game that Rogers got the honor. I'll look for it and post it if I find it but I know some of you guys are better at that than I and I'm on 12 hour shifts starting in a couple hours. Check it out.

Only one I could find at the moment.

View: https://youtu.be/vb_fQxeTk5c

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Like I said Den, VT could not block Pitt's Ejuan Price (one of the NCAA's best pass rushers and most disruptive players). What did they do? They told Sam Rogers, "He's all yours." And the man delivered them play after play like this one:
giphy.gif

That game got me interested in Rogers.
From the 1st time I read about Rogers, Long before Draft day, I liked him, and thought he would be a very interesting addition to the Rams scheme! I think I'm about to be proven right!!(y):snicker::shades:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
seems like I remember hearing that fb are not accounted for in a lot of pass df if that is the case he could be a weapon.
And he was a QB in high school, believe it or not.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
mike thomas will make the roster over pharooh cooper.
we picked a slot wr in the third and an outside wr in the fourth.
spruce or cooper, we only keep one.

If it's between Spruce and Cooper... Sorry Spruce, it was nice knowing you.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
If it's between Spruce and Cooper... Sorry Spruce, it was nice knowing you.
Really? why do you say that? Because Spruce was injured and couldn't show out in reg. season last year? Well ... ya better go back and look at the drops and such that Cooper had. that .. and watch how he responded after every hit he took. i am not completely sold on him. I liked him when we drafted him .. .but he hasn't proved nothing so far as it pertains to "owning " a roster spot, IMHO.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Really? why do you say that? Because Spruce was injured and couldn't show out in reg. season last year? Well ... ya better go back and look at the drops and such that Cooper had. that .. and watch how he responded after every hit he took. i am not completely sold on him. I liked him when we drafted him .. .but he hasn't proved nothing so far as it pertains to "owning " a roster spot, IMHO.

Who's to say those drops and a tough first year wasn't a product of Jeff Fisher's offense and planning and a typical rookie season? Who's to say that Nelson Spruce isn't extremely injury prone? Honestly people giving Spruce a free pass because he was "Injured" are overlooking the fact that he may be that type of player, a made of glass and oft injury prone player. We don't need that.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Who's to say those drops and a tough first year wasn't a product of Jeff Fisher's offense and planning and a typical rookie season? Who's to say that Nelson Spruce isn't extremely injury prone? Honestly people giving Spruce a free pass because he was "Injured" are overlooking the fact that he may be that type of player, a made of glass and oft injury prone player. We don't need that.
Read your own post ... conjecture? See .. .that is how this works. Assuming .. .and you know what they say when we ASS U ME , no? I am just saying .. NOTHING is set in stone....

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
BTW .. .other than he was injured last yr .. do you have evidence that he is "injury prone"? And did Cooper not miss some time last year from injury?? ... Hmmm....

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Read your own post ... conjecture? See .. .that is how this works. Assuming .. .and you know what they say when we ASS U ME , no? I am just saying .. NOTHING is set in stone....

Chill out dude. No reason for you to call me an ass. You haven't really answered my reply ... why? Because it offers the exact flip to what you said and you're not sure if you assumptions are correct. Questionable response by you.

Please read with a more open mind next time. Nowhere in my post was I "assuming"... just offering a counter to your argument. Some validation to what you don't see.

Last edited:

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
BTW .. .other than he was injured last yr .. do you have evidence that he is "injury prone"? And did Cooper not miss some time last year from injury?? ... Hmmm....

It's obvious you're triggered because you like Spruce.

Cooper wasn't injured all of last year like Spruce was (pre AND regular season). Spruce was also injured before his draft, for a month or two...

Last edited:

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Nice rating there ... guess you don't like to defend your points....

Wrong again, I gave you that rating because you're obviously triggered and had to resort to petty name calling, "ass" instead of defending yourself logically. I love debating... I love debating for hours... just not with someone like you.

Last edited:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Chill out dude. No reason for you to call me an ass. You haven't really answered my reply ... why? Because it offers the exact flip to what you said and you're not sure if you assumptions are correct. Questionable response by you.

Please read with a more open mind next time. Nowhere in my post was I "assuming"... just offering a counter to your argument. Some validation to what you don't see.
Did I call YOU an ass ... or did I reply about what happens when you "assume"? C'mon man .. Spruce is not "injury prone" That is a farse. EVERY single guy who ahs played the game off football has had injuries. that is an UNDISPUTED FACT. and yes, Cooper missed time last year for injury. Look it up. Spruce had his injury occur in TC .. which left him outside the 53 when time came. FACT. And I am not totally behind Spruce. i think in my original post I said that both of these guys needed to prove their worth to stick ... no?

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I could see Harkey staying as a veteran and Hemmingway getting the boot.

Yeah same here unfortunately... I really had high hopes for Hemmingway, he seemed like a project that could have been special / exciting. But he was doomed from the start because he was A) a project and B) drafted by the Fisher regime

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Wrong again, I gave you that rating because you're obviously triggered and had to resort to petty name calling, "ass" instead of defending yourself logically. I love debating... I love debating for hours... just not with someone like you.
IDK .. seconf time jus today that I see you "debating" with someone, then refusing to factually back up your post. Fine... DONE

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
IDK .. seconf time jus today that I see you "debating" with someone, then refusing to factually back up your post. Fine... DONE

Second time today? That's weird... I haven't really posted much today. See more demeaning post by you, redding... You also claim you bring facts and I don't... saying "that's a farce" when talking about a possible injury prone player doesn't make your opinion a "fact", it's just an opinion... so LOL okay...

I tell you that it's a FACT that Spruce has been injured all of last year and months before his draft... and you say I don't factually back up my posts... *slaps forehead* Yes please be done. LOL.

It's obvious you got triggered, sorry you got that way Redding.

This originally started out as harmless Devil's advocate to pose questions... or to have people question. You took it a different way.

Last edited: