DRAFT Day two: Rds 2 and 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Fiske is attractive to me because it would fill 5T. He's not the most dominant prospect in that regard but he's another hard ass worker who would give us one fine looking starting front. Still might need a NT depending on what extent they trust or believe in Brown but we'd certainly be good and young overall on that front.
What do you think about Hoecht at 5T? There's a reason they hung on to him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Other than Verse being there for us at 19, I laid an egg on a lot of the 1st round. I'm just gonna see what happens...

... WHAT, that's crazy!

Guys I like that we would have to trade up for: Kneeland, Newton, Fiske, Dejean, Jenkins (he might be there for us without trade up but not sure)

Guys around our pick: Polk, Sweat, Franklin, Hall Jr, a safety but no clue which one

Trade down!

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Other than Verse being there for us at 19, I laid an egg on a lot of the 1st round. I'm just gonna see what happens...

... WHAT, that's crazy!

Guys I like that we would have to trade up for: Kneeland, Newton, Fiske, Dejean, Jenkins (he might be there for us without trade up but not sure)

Guys around our pick: Polk, Sweat, Franklin, Hall Jr, a safety but no clue which one

Trade down!
I like all of these guys on your trade up list but Kneeland. Between Verse and Hoecht I don't see them needing Kneeland. I'd rather use the precious resource somewhere else.

Franklin might need a slight trade up, too. I'd be for that.

I'm a fan of Polk and Hall, Jr. but think and hope Sweat is off the board. He doesn't have McSnead type character. If we want a safety, Javon Bullard. I suspect they draft a safety much later though.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I like all of these guys on your trade up list but Kneeland. Between Verse and Hoecht I don't see them needing Kneeland. I'd rather use the precious resource somewhere else.

Franklin might need a slight trade up, too. I'd be for that.

I'm a fan of Polk and Hall, Jr. but think and hope Sweat is off the board. He doesn't have McSnead type character. If we want a safety, Javon Bullard. I suspect they draft a safety much later though.
I hear you but I think Kneeland has some position versatility too between OLB and DE or over guard. I think if you do this our front would start to resemble MacDonald's fronts with the Ravens. Hoecht could move inside possibly.

Without Donald, I'd like to be 3 deep at edge but it may be a luxury. Verse has to work on conditioning during games, he gets worn down so I'd like someone to wave in with Young and Verse in games.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I hear you but I think Kneeland has some position versatility too between OLB and DE or over guard. I think if you do this our front would start to resemble MacDonald's fronts with the Ravens. Hoecht could move inside possibly.

Without Donald, I'd like to be 3 deep at edge but it may be a luxury. Verse has to work on conditioning during games, he gets worn down so I'd like someone to wave in with Young and Verse in games.
Oh, I agree on all of that. Between Verse, Hoecht, and Kneeland you would have 3 guys with some versatility. It's just a bit of a luxury to use a 2nd on that.

I think they'd be better served getting later depth that fits roles, like a guy who plays early downs and another guy who's a designated pass rusher.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you think about Hoecht at 5T? There's a reason they hung on to him.
The 5T needs to be able to hold up vs an OT without getting washed out in the run, while also adding some rush threat on occasion. So I'd say Hoecht isn't good enough to do that. He's a rotational type. Put him in for a quick stretch of snaps as a sub then get the stud back in there.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
They'll be a run on 2nd Tier WRs and CBs tomorrow but DTs will be right there too. Exactly the three positions I want. Might have to grab an OT in there instead.

Is Newton the prize now?

I'd gladly trade up for Newton. Can you imagine a pass-rush with Verse, Agent Zero, The Conductor, and Newton?!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think WR will be taken tomorrow. I'm sure Verse was our top Edge choice but you know McVay was hoping for the chance to go get a WR or Bowers. He'll get a toy tomorrow, well, later today.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
On trades, I'd try to hang on to 83 and 99. I'd be more willing to give a pick up in 2025.
Agreed. In fact I would trade next years 2 or 3 to gain another pick in this draft class depending on how it plays out at certain positions

I would also think about trading back at 83 for more picks depending of course on whose available

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Agreed. In fact I would trade next years 2 or 3 to gain another pick in this draft class depending on how it plays out at certain positions

I would also think about trading back at 83 for more picks depending of course on whose available
I was against moving capital next year for this year but I'm leaning that way now. You operate as much as you can in this Top 100.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I concur with every player shouted out so far bar ones already drafted :) If we don’t trade up and the draft falls to us…

Nubin
Fiske
Ruk
Colson

Can we rule out an OT, as there are still some good ones?

I wouldn’t mind us going Edge again if Kneeland or Braswell are there. We need to build the front seven differently. Outside in is a good idea IMO

Last edited:

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I was against moving capital next year for this year but I'm leaning that way now. You operate as much as you can in this Top 100.
I couldn’t agree more. This years top 150 is pretty amazing IMO. It’s difficult to choose 100. Will next year be the same? I seriously doubt it

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I couldn’t agree more. This years top 150 is pretty amazing IMO. It’s difficult to choose 100. Will next year be the same? I seriously doubt it
Probably not. Covid had a lot to do with this "different" draft class. It's where some of this depth came from.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If he is there - I still like Edgerrin Cooper at MLB - and I think there is a chance he might last

And I know it’s controversial, but I want Sweat. Yes, he needs to be a pro - but I think we have a good locker room and I think he may feel like he has something to prove. Getting a 2 gap space eater would matter.

OT is getting thinner, but there are still some guys that interest me both for the round 2 spot or the round 3 spots

I don’t even mind going right back to edge. D line is a rotational position, after all.