Roster questions linger for Rams/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Your point is well taken, but in JT's role as a beat reporter, his JOB is to report the goings on within the organization, not to editorialize it with his negative spin. You pointed out that Bernie is a columnist, so if he interjects his opinion so be it, we take it for what it is.

As for Thomas, go back and read his stuff on this organization BEFORE Hewitt was fired, and you will notice a drastic different slant. Now he just comes off as bitter. He realizes he is no longer "in the know" and for him to get any real news, he might have to do some actual work to get it. He doesn't need to be a cheerleader, but it would be nice if he would try to relate the what and why's behind the moves, rather than the "why not" all the time.

I understand what you are saying about Hewitt. The only thing I can argue against that is that we weren't so far removed from good times at that point. Fisher also plays his cards pretty carefully so I doubt there is much what and whys coming from Rams park even without the Hewitt thing. All that's left is the why nots, and they're there because of the lack of team success and the move.
I do think he could be more upbeat in his live gigs though, especially regarding the potential move.
Facing your own unemployment will dampen things like that though.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I understand what you are saying about Hewitt. The only thing I can argue against that is that we weren't so far removed from good times at that point. Fisher also plays his cards pretty carefully so I doubt there is much what and whys coming from Rams park even without the Hewitt thing. All that's left is the why nots, and they're there because of the lack of team success and the move.
I do think he could be more upbeat in his live gigs though, especially regarding the potential move.
Hewitt must have been his "source" thru all the mayhem back then. And now poor JT has .... nobody ... and Snead/Fisher aren't just "giving" him his stories. Wah wah wah!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I would agree with you when it comes to not much what and why's, if it weren't for national guys like Mike Silver who seem to get plenty of information straight from Fisher. IMO, if Thomas has a problem with his being on the outside looking in, it might have more to do with his (and his newspaper's) overall tone.

For example, it was Thomas and the PD who made a huge story out of Tavon posing for pictures with LA fans last year, when in fact, there was no story. But, instead, the organization was forced to put a PR nightmare to rest, all based off of the "newspaper" trying to create a story that wasn't there.

I would think he would go the extra mile to endear himself with the people he counts on to be able to effectively do his job. Instead, he comes across as someone going thru the motions. Akin to the long time teacher who would rather let the students watch a movie everyday, while sitting behind their desk and reading the paper, collecting a paycheck.

Last edited: