Roster move; Tavon to miss game vs Saints?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Rams released DE Gerald Rivers and promoted WR Justin Veltung from practice squad Saturday afternoon.

Sounds like Tavon will miss the game and Veltung might do returns.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Double damn. Not only no Tavon but I had high hopes for Rivers.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
:slap:
Someone needs to step up big time. We have to have big contributions from STs to compete.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Double damn. Not only no Tavon but I had high hopes for Rivers.

Hope we can resign him in the offseason. I thought Rivers showed some real flashes in preseason. He reminds me of a young Eugene Sims

jap

Legend
Isn't Rivers still eligible to be signed to the practice squad? Sounds like they want Tavon to rest his wheel for at least a game and needed to make space for his replacement.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It could mean that...it could mean they need someone on the roster just in case he can't go. Or maybe someone to split time...or someone to do kickoffs so Austin can do punts.

Who knows what it means until it is announced.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Isn't Rivers still eligible to be signed to the practice squad? Sounds like they want Tavon to rest his wheel for at least a game and needed to make space for his replacement.
I believe so but I have to wonder if he'll last there at this point in the season.