Roster Cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Looking at the roster, 3 guys that should get cut are

CB Finnegan
OL Wells
OL Dhal

Those 3 guys alone would free up more than 15million. Those cuts mean the rams would have to select two or three OL in the upcoming draft.

Who would you guys like to see get cut?

dodgerram

UDFA
Finnegan and Wells IMHO are no brainers to be cut.
Dahl I am not sure about. Maybe the can rework the contract.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
That's the big 3.
But bringing back Dahl and even Wells at very low cost should be a option.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Finnegan and Wells IMHO are no brainers to be cut.
Dahl I am not sure about. Maybe the can rework the contract.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dahl has already reworked his deal once, I'm not sure he does it again.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Dahl has already reworked his deal once, I'm not sure he does it again.

Depends on how bad he wants to play. Cut him and the market will dictate his value which at his age isn't great. So maybe if there is hole to fill here there's a match. But at this point he might be only a 12 game player.

Alan

Legend
I'm guessing Williams too. Even though he'd make a good emergency back up at T & G. Probably too expensive.

dodgerram

UDFA
The key to the o-line IMO is Saffold.
Rams must resign him.

Can not fill all the holes on that line during free agency and/or draft.
If they stick with SB (which they obviously intend to) the Rams have to upgrade that line immediately. They can not fool around with that unit especially with Bradford coming back from that ACL.

Long-Asamoah (free aget)-Barrett-Saffold-Barksdale (or rookie OT) would be a nice start. Should LOng not be ready for the start of the season some shuffling is in order anyway.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan

Legend
dodgerram on Saffold:
The key to the o-line IMO is Saffold.
Rams must resign him.

Can not fill all the holes on that line during free agency and/or draft.
If they stick with SB (which they obviously intend to) the Rams have to upgrade that line immediately. They can not fool around with that unit especially with Bradford coming back from that ACL.

Long-Asamoah (free aget)-Barrett-Saffold-Barksdale (or rookie OT) would be a nice start. Should LOng not be ready for the start of the season some shuffling is in order anyway.

Re-signing Saffold is very popular here. Some are worried about his injury history but I think we all want him back. Many are worried that he or even worse, other teams, will view himself as a LT and thus price himself out of our budget.

We want him back to play G and not T.

Just trying to get you caught up with the general feelings on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yea, he has to be gaurd. All guaranteed money needs to be paid in the first 2 years IMO if possible. His health is a major concern. The dude is like glass.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hate to see veterans go but Finnegan can't play CB anymore and Wells and Dahl can't seem to stay on the field any longer. I wouldn't be too upset if any of them reworked their contracts and came back in a different roll, say like Finnegan at Safety or Dahl or Wells as rotational guys. But with the salary cap, the writing is probably on the wall in bold capital letters.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cutting those 3, who we played without the latter part of 2013... Free's up a lot of $ to find players who fill voids along the OL or S.

Rework those deals, or cut.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Re-signing Saffold is very popular here. Some are worried about his injury history but I think we all want him back. Many are worried that he or even worse, other teams, will view himself as a LT and thus price himself out of our budget.

We want him back to play G and not T.

Just trying to get you caught up with the general feelings on the board.
After the way he played guard, and the fact that he's a backup for tackle, I was as hopeful as ever about him remaining with the team.

But after his last injury, I'm completely deflated about the guy. And this is crazy because I am admittedly almost never down on a player to a fault. If he were willing to come back for a reasonable amount to play at the guard position, fine. But even with his injury history a team is going to take a chance on him just like we did Jake Long.

Our offensive line has been a merry go round of injuries for a long time now, and I'm really feeling like that has to stop.

Alan

Legend
Zaphod in a mental quandary:
After the way he played guard, and the fact that he's a backup for tackle, I was as hopeful as ever about him remaining with the team.

But after his last injury, I'm completely deflated about the guy. And this is crazy because I am admittedly almost never down on a player to a fault. If he were willing to come back for a reasonable amount to play at the guard position, fine. But even with his injury history a team is going to take a chance on him just like we did Jake Long.

Our offensive line has been a merry go round of injuries for a long time now, and I'm really feeling like that has to stop.
Can't argue with any of that Zaphod. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I think the Rams will take a chance because we already have too many holes to fill as it is. If we don't sign him and we don't keep Dahl, Wells, Williams and maybe even Shelly, who will we have left? Then there's the fact that he's an awesome guard. These situations are why I'm glad my job doesn't depend on making the right decision.

Of course I don't have a job. So there's that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
But after his last injury, I'm completely deflated about the guy.

I wouldn't use the word deflated, but I'm right there with you. His week 17 injury was sort of like a splash of cold water to the face... A wake up call.

He might be a good guard, but 3 injury filled years is hard to ignore. Why would that suddenly change?

I'm all for resigning him, but I suspect the Rams have a limit they're willing to spend, and I won't be surprised if he ends up on someone else's IR in 2014.