Ross Tucker on 101ESPN (notes)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/08/08272012114848.mp3[/rp3]
http://www.101sports.com/templates/audi ... 419&type=s

Again, loosely transcribed.

(on the O-line)
They can eventually be a functioning O-line. From what I've seen thus far, they're gonna have to eventually address the RT position. Richardson isn't the guy, but the other 4 will be fine. Rok Watkins, from what I've seen, could eventually take over at LG at some point in the season. He shows patience in pass pro, and I think he'll be good. They just need some continuity and chemistry, and that just comes from playing with each other. Richardson should be fine, but then again, you don't want "just fine." He won't lose games for them, and the other guys just need time to gell together.

(on Bradford)
I am concerned about the protection, because it was clearly an issue last year. What I did like, in the 2nd game against the Chiefs, he was getting the ball out quickly and looked comfortable. A couple of times against the Cowboys, he held onto it longer than I would have liked, and that's a concern. I think because the Chiefs game went so well, they felt comfortable calling things down the field. If I'm Fisher or Schottenheimer, I'm putting a huge emphasis on 3 step drops and play-action, because you want him to feel secure in the pocket, and you want him to get some completions early.

It comes down to this. You want Bradford to throw the ball on downs when it's not obvious passing downs. On obvious passing downs, it's not real pretty because they bring the kitchen sink. He's at his best when the defense isn't sure whether or not he's throwing.

(on the RBs)
It certainly feels like the plays were better blocked when Richardson was called upon. It's almost like Pead is unfortunate or unlucky when he's in there. It's to the point where the sample size is such that I won't really care anymore. At some point I'll just say, "I don't care if it's the blocking or not. When you give it to Richardson it goes well, and when you give it to Pead it doesn't." Richardson is a little more violent, and we saw a little of that out of Pead towards the end. Pead was too good at Cincinnati to give up on him. Based on what I've seen so far, if I'm gonna have someone to come in and spell Jackson, I'm gonna give it to Richardson.

(on the defense in the Dallas game)
Mental errors are always fixable. There's physical errors you can't fix. If the same guy is making mental errors all the time, maybe HE'S not correctable. There were guys wide open, blowing coverages, and I was especially disappointed in the tackling. Mental errors and poor tackling drive coaches crazy. Dahl and Jenkins, on that whiff for a TD, almost never happens. I saw Finnegan and Mikell miss tackles, and they're known as great tacklers. I don't know what to put on that other than maybe it's just an anomaly.

I'm not predicting playoffs or anything for the Rams, but I am predicting at least 2 or 3 more games than the National Media is giving them right now.

Iron Lion

Starter
I listen to that show a lot. Watching the Rams-KC game you could see Tucker's complete lack of presentability on camera. He's got a radio voice, but he definitely has a face for radio as well. As for Matt Williams AKA M Dub, he is absolutely 100% clueless. Also the other guy, the Sherpa, comes off like he doesn't even watch football. I mean that's the impression I get if all he does is read stat lines, mispronounce names that are stated often in game broadcasts, and make his picks based on a team's 5-year record on FieldTurf rather than dealing with the matchup at hand.

A while back before this show came up I used to listen to the one featuring Jeremy Green. I remember one day I wanted to listen to his show after not having heard it in a while, so I google "Dennis Green's son" because I'd forgotten Jeremy's name, and there I found out why Jeremy Green was off the air. Major WTF moment...