Ross Tucker: "Lewan very disappointing"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Nice podcast with Tucker and Greg Cosell.

Called Lewan a poor man's Greg Robinson. Surprised at how unpolished Lewan was on tape, especially since he went back for his Senior year.

Simply put, Matthews is good right now, won't make any mistakes, can play RT or LT. Robinson has higher ceiling but makes a lot of mental mistakes. Tucker counted at least 4 in the National Championship game. Thinks he could be great or simply average.

Talks about Zack Martin. Calle him a poor man's Matthews. Likes him but he's limited.

Likes Sua Filo. Doesn't like Yankey.

Lots more on other OL players. OL talk start around the 10 min mark.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Ross..._sjY-3Y2g9E/2142798_2014-04-02-120538.64k.mp3

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Good stuff Max! I'd be happy to see Matthews in horns! Would take Robinson as well. Win/Win for the Rams if they pick either one. Sua Filo in 2nd would make my day!

fearsomefour

Legend
Matthews is the best O lineman in this draft and it is not that close to me. Robinson has a lot going for him but he is sloppy and plays without great balance in my opinion. If he started day 1 at T he would get eaten alive in our division....at least for a bit.
I liked Su'a Filo a year ago not so much now. When I saw him he seemed to not play that well in space and didnt have great balance. He reminded me of Williams a bit actually. Much prefer Bitonio the T from Nevada to be moved to G.
Just my opinion.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Matthews is the best O lineman in this draft and it is not that close to me. Robinson has a lot going for him but he is sloppy and plays without great balance in my opinion. If he started day 1 at T he would get eaten alive in our division....at least for a bit.
I liked Su'a Filo a year ago not so much now. When I saw him he seemed to not play that well in space and didnt have great balance. He reminded me of Williams a bit actually. Much prefer Bitonio the T from Nevada to be moved to G.
Just my opinion.

I agree with everything you said 100%

FRO

Legend
I think of we go OT we should go Matthews. He is the better player right now and has a ton of physical talent in his own right.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I said the same thing about Lewan on tape in my scouting report. Big technique issues. Not that they can't be cleaned up, but besides his size and athleticism, he's nothing special, yet.

duckhunter

Starter
I heard his pro day was disappointing because he had a hole in the front of his shorts. He had no length like Robinson.

F. Mulder

Starter
I said the same thing about Lewan on tape in my scouting report. Big technique issues. Not that they can't be cleaned up, but besides his size and athleticism, he's nothing special, yet.

I agree, and you certainly don't spend a top 15 pick on someone like that IMO. There are better pro potential OL into the mid-second round minus the character issues IMO. If you don't get Robinson or Mathews, for whatever reason, hold your water.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I agree, and you certainly don't spend a top 15 pick on someone like that IMO. There are better pro potential OL into the mid-second round minus the character issues IMO. If you don't get Robinson or Mathews, for whatever reason, hold your water.
I think I'd pass on him too, because there are a lot of good players out there at that position. I can't cut him slack, because all of his experience playing the position. Best case Nate Solder, worst case Adam Goldberg, who all have the same issues on tape.