Rookies TJ McD and Ogletree

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
These guys are who we hoped they'd be and are playing at a high level. McD had a pick, layed the wood on a third down, displayed closing speed, and had awesome single coverage on the red hot Grahm. Love his toughness.

Whenever there is a play on the edge I always think "Ogletree." More times than not he's right there. That's HUGE for this team. We not had a guy who could consistently do that since IDK when. He also blew up a screen in the back field for a loss of 7. When was the last time we saw THAT?!! He also nearly had another long pick six in the red zone, too. Hes leading the team in tackles, too. TJ is playing like a first rounder and Alec is playing like a top 10 pick. That's all I could really ask for out of two rookies. Anything else is just major bonus.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Ogletree is having a really nice first season.

1. He's always around the football
  2. He's shown the ability to make special/athletic plays
  3. His weakness is playing the pass, but it's an experience thing in my book

tonyl711

Starter
not only those 2 but Stacey is playing like a first round pick too, TA has shown flashes of why he was drafted so high, and Bailey has shown that when given the opportunity he can get it done too. this years draft class is looking pretty damn good.

A55VA6

Legend
I've been impressed. I hope these guys just continue to get better.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think Ogletree is having a really nice first season.

1. He's always around the football
  2. He's shown the ability to make special/athletic plays
  3. His weakness is playing the pass, but it's an experience thing in my book

I kinda feel his weakness is against the run. He doesn't quite recognize run plays fast enough YET, takes poor angles to the runner, and sometimes can't shed a block. Please don't take this as me thinking he's bad. Quite the opposite. I think he'll be Pro Bolwer soon. I just feel his weakest part of his game is against the run and I attribute that to him playing S. He has more experience in coverage.

Oh well. Either way, he's a good pick.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I love seeing all these young guys coming together and not folding the tents in a game after they have been eliminated from the playoffs. It might take another year but these guys are coming together and if the FO can find ways to keep them together the Rams will be a team that will contend for years to come.

Ramzee

Rookie
I think Ogletree is awesome and everything I imagined he'd be at this point, although I thought he'd be better in coverage. Anyways, of course he still is a work in progress and he has a long ways to go but so far, I'm loving what I see. McDonald is surprising me as well. This coming from a Trojan fan.

V3

Hall of Fame
I love seeing all these young guys coming together and not folding the tents in a game after they have been eliminated from the playoffs. It might take another year but these guys are coming together and if the FO can find ways to keep them together the Rams will be a team that will contend for years to come.

That's probably the biggest attribute I like about Fisher. His players almost never quit on him.

V3

Hall of Fame
I wish Fisher would use a more traditional true SS and FS instead of having players play both positions. I think McD would be AWESOME as a true SS that mainly focuses on run defense and then get a good ball hawking FS to hold the back end. McD isn't bad at pass D but it's not his strong suit.

fearsomefour

Legend
These guys are who we hoped they'd be and are playing at a high level. McD had a pick, layed the wood on a third down, displayed closing speed, and had awesome single coverage on the red hot Grahm. Love his toughness.

Whenever there is a play on the edge I always think "Ogletree." More times than not he's right there. That's HUGE for this team. We not had a guy who could consistently do that since IDK when. He also blew up a screen in the back field for a loss of 7. When was the last time we saw THAT?!! He also nearly had another long pick six in the red zone, too. Hes leading the team in tackles, too. TJ is playing like a first rounder and Alec is playing like a top 10 pick. That's all I could really ask for out of two rookies. Anything else is just major bonus.

You make a good point about McDonald. What really sets him apart from the rest of the S play is the angles he takes and closing in on plays. While that my not be a difference in pure speed it is surely a difference in reading what the O is doing and being decisive. Love how both these guys are playing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Stars in the making who will only get better...................patience

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I've been very impressed with ogletree... great player..
McD has time to grow, but again i've been impressed with what i've seen considering hes a rookie...

Bright futures

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And it is also funny RamsofCastemere, how I never get tired of looking at that girl's smile in the .gif at the bottom of your posts.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hell I like watching Ray Ray. That dude is special on special teams. I think if we can't find a solid replacement for Dunbar, he may be it. He has the fire, he can bring the boom. It's just a matter of learning for him I think.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Limiting Graham was awesome. I was really worried he'd have a big day.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I wish Fisher would use a more traditional true SS and FS instead of having players play both positions. I think McD would be AWESOME as a true SS that mainly focuses on run defense and then get a good ball hawking FS to hold the back end. McD isn't bad at pass D but it's not his strong suit.

I agree completely. The problem is those guys don't grow on trees. Plus we have so many holes to fill I don't know that we spend a high draft pick on it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ogletree is exactly who I thought he was but TJ? I'm pleasantly surprised! I think this D is a shutdown Corner away from being elite and for a long time!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I have no doubt that Jenkins and Johnson will both steadily improve. They really have to worry about the nickleback more than anything else.

IMO our biggest need is a well rounded free safety to compliment TJ.