Rookie Jersey Numbers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I know people usually like to know what numbers the new players will be wearing, so I figured we could make a list here.

Of course you can never be 100% sure until you see them hit the field for practice, so buy jersey's at your own risk!

Tavon Austin - 11 (source: Rams official roster)
Alec, Olgetree - 52 (source: Rams official roster)
TJ McDonald - 25 (source, McDonald's official twitter)
Stedman Bailey - 12 (source: Bailey's official twitter)
Barrett Jones - 67 (source: Rams official roster)
Brandon McGee - 32 (source: Rams official roster)
Zac Stacy - 30 (source: Rams official roster)

Interesting side note though, the Rams official roster also lists Jabara Williams' number as 52, so someone will be changing numbers... My guess is Williams, since they also list him as a rookie.. Probably just added him from before and didn't change anything.

I'll update the post for the new players when their number is released if people want.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Looks like I'll be ordering a new #11 jersey soon for my son and I.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
GcBean said:
Looks like I'll be ordering a new #11 jersey soon for my son and I.

^^^^^ I'm on the same boat!!! Woooooo I'm soooo stoked for this season!!

Slappy967

Starter
While I am still COMPLETELY against Chris Givens wearing #13, its pretty awesome that our blue & gold track team will he wearing 11,12 and 13.

Also would somebody pleeeeeeease see that #13, 28, 80 are all retired soon?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Slappy967 said:
While I am still COMPLETELY against Chris Givens wearing #13, its pretty awesome that our blue & gold track team will he wearing 11,12 and 13.

:plus1:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Slappy967 said:

Might as well include 81; if you're retiring Warner's number, you might as well retire Holt's.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Memento said:
Slappy967 said:

Might as well include 81; if you're retiring Warner's number, you might as well retire Holt's.

Great signature there sir. Way to rep.

Slappy967

Starter
When I originally wrote that I included Holt and Pace but didn't know what the consensus would be.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Slappy967 said:

80 and 28 are probably closed by the team... Gilyard tainted 81 which sucks, at least Givens plays well.

Slappy967

Starter
Gilyard never even had a chance to taint it. Pretty sure Rampage has seen more actual NFL game time then Gilyard has.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Slappy967 said:

80 and 28 are probably closed by the team... Gilyard tainted 81 which sucks, at least Givens plays well.

That's why 81 should be retired now like Deacon's number should've been retired a long time ago. Same with 76. 13...I wouldn't retire. I've always thought that numbers should be retired for Hall of Famers who played the vast majority of their career with the team that retires them. Holt qualifies. Pace qualifies. Warner? I don't know...and I like Warner a whole lot. He should be in our Ring of Fame...but not retired.

But that's a moot point. I like the number that Ogletree took. 52...that's a good number for an elite linebacker.

Slappy967

Starter
Well the majority of Warners career was in the STL 98-03. plus I would give him special consideration as I don't think we win that Super Bowl with Trent Green.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Slappy967 said:

I can't see retiring 13, but 80 for sure, they retired 28 last year

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think McDonald took number 25 based on what he just put on twitter.

"That #25"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Slappy967 said:
Well the majority of Warners career was in the STL 98-03. plus I would give him special consideration as I don't think we win that Super Bowl with Trent Green.

IMO we don't even make it to the conference title game with Green and certainly if they did they would not have won. Green couldn't have made that pass Warner did to Proehl if you let him try 10 times with no pass rush to bother him. He didn't have that tool in his bag.

13 has to be retired. He will get in the HOF and rightly so.

Faulk, Warner, Holt and Bruce should all be retired as far as I am concerned. You have to honor that greatness even though as a group playing together it was too short lived.