Rookie Camp Recap

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Pre-season talk and blue skies, cool aid drinking, is all the nature of NFL fandom every spring/summer. Personally I prefer the hope and optimism from fellow fans. It is much more fun than getting slapped with reality all of the time. I tried the skeptic dour route in the late 90's and it doesn't leave much to look forward to. Then 99' came and I realized you should never lose hope in the NFL. Things can change very quickly.
I love this post, so true....

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Cig hanging from his lip the whole time too IIRR.
Some old school shit right there. Mickey Mantle would apparently get a cab from the damn bar he was at all night, shower in the clubhouse right before the game, and then go 4-4........all the time.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
:rant: Hold on guys!! Did you see Goff in the new vids of rookie camp?! I mean, I don't mind him growing up a Whiner fan. I don't even mind him insisting on wearing Joe Montana's #16. But if you look real close.....somehow he negotiated wearing a Niner -red jersey!!!
:flanders: Roman...
:rant:It's bull crap!!!

:flanders:Roman...
:rant:Why is Fisher standing for this?!!!

:flanders:ROMAN!!!

:unsure:

:flanders: All quarterbacks wear a red jersey during non contact practices. It's ok. Jared is a loyal Ram...

:baghead:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Just reading a little stuff about Pharoh and Higbee... Can't remember seeing reference to hand size like we do now...Apparently it will soon determine where a guy will be drafted...Just not a big deal at all to me...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
:rant: Hold on guys!! Did you see Goff in the new vids of rookie camp?! I mean, I don't mind him growing up a Whiner fan. I don't even mind him insisting on wearing Joe Montana's #16. But if you look real close.....somehow he negotiated wearing a Niner -red jersey!!!

:flanders: All quarterbacks wear a red jersey during non contact practices. It's ok. Jared is a loyal Ram...

Goff being a Niner fan is even better. It will always stick in their fans craw that the Rams got him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff being a Niner fan is even better. It will always stick in their fans craw that the Rams got him.

Yep. Especially years from now when people wonder in amazement how the F the Rams were smart enough to move up from 15 for him when the whiners had a much more favorable draft spot at 7.

Unlike many others I actually have a lot of respect for what Kelly can do with talent once he gets it. It is an enormous relief to me that Goff did not end up there man, that would have been some miserable $h!#. Good thing is it now will be even more miserable for them, starting in his first game as a pro QB with a big win over his hometown team ahhh yeeeeuh!

…..

Legend

Why do I get the feeling we can all stop posting....EVERY one of us except for Roman, for two weeks, and Roman would still post, have fun, hardly notice and never miss a beat? :sneak:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Why do I get the feeling we can all stop posting....EVERY one of us except for Roman, for two weeks, and Roman would still post, have fun, hardly notice and never miss a beat? :sneak:

So, kind of like a Mad Max thing then?...an ROD lifeless desert?....nah. That'd suck.

I'd miss you guys. Probably die of a broken heart.

:argue: Or start talking to yourself!
:argue:You'd start trolling some Cowboys board!
:argue: Are you saying I'd be the Rynie target for some Cowpuke fans?!
:shocking::shocking:....

Dang @Dog ...I see what you mean. :whistle:

:grouphug:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yep. Especially years from now when people wonder in amazement how the F the Rams were smart enough to move up from 15 for him when the whiners had a much more favorable draft spot at 7.

Unlike many others I actually have a lot of respect for what Kelly can do with talent once he gets it. It is an enormous relief to me that Goff did not end up there man, that would have been some miserable $h!#. Good thing is it now will be even more miserable for them, starting in his first game as a pro QB with a big win over his hometown team ahhh yeeeeuh!

Count me in as not impressed with Kelly. Even in his first year teams with good defenses were able to beat his offense. Just like in college. He beat up on the defensive weaklings and he had a favorable schedule for it. He is an awful GM and as a head coach he should let his DC run the show. I couldn't be happier that the Niners hired him. He caused a lot of problems for Philly internally and stripped it of talent at the same time. His system requires specific types. I prefer a coach that is flexible and can maximize the talent he has a la Greg Williams.

That being said I still am happy he doesn't have Goff. He could make his offense better than it was in Philly if he did. Goff would give any coach that follows Kelly in the future Niners coaching carousel an edge. I didn't want that.

Mark Texiera was born in Baltimore. When he became a free agent the Orioles fans were certain he would stay home. They were very disappointed when he ended up in New York. Goff to the Rams reminds me of that. San Francisco screwed up and their fans know it.

Stony32

Fan since tickets were $5.50
Just reading a little stuff about Pharoh and Higbee... Can't remember seeing reference to hand size like we do now...Apparently it will soon determine where a guy will be drafted...Just not a big deal at all to me...

I remember it being a big knock against Ricky Williams. Turned out there were bigger ones.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Cig hanging from his lip the whole time too IIRR.

I was blessed to play colleg ball for a few ex Raiders. They played during that era and let me tell you something....the best stories I've EVER EVER heard were the ones they would tell us about their playing days and minicamps. Those guys were truly insane, it's a wonder they didn't all have heart attacks at 25

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Count me in as not impressed with Kelly. Even in his first year teams with good defenses were able to beat his offense. Just like in college. He beat up on the defensive weaklings and he had a favorable schedule for it. He is an awful GM and as a head coach he should let his DC run the show. I couldn't be happier that the Niners hired him. He caused a lot of problems for Philly internally and stripped it of talent at the same time. His system requires specific types. I prefer a coach that is flexible and can maximize the talent he has a la Greg Williams.

That being said I still am happy he doesn't have Goff. He could make his offense better than it was in Philly if he did. Goff would give any coach that follows Kelly in the future Niners coaching carousel an edge. I didn't want that.

Mark Texiera was born in Baltimore. When he became a free agent the Orioles fans were certain he would stay home. They were very disappointed when he ended up in New York. Goff to the Rams reminds me of that. San Francisco screwed up and their fans know it.

Good post. And very confusing the reaction in the Bay Area to Goff going to LA.

I hear a lot of SF sports radio. Many of the hosts are pretty arrogant. The response they've collectively chosen to the Rams jumping them in the draft and getting their local boy is "ah Goff is OK, but we didn't really want him. We are so good at QB with our train wreck."

It will be all the more satisfying when Goff does his thing in his back yard that first Monday Night.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This upcoming season will be so much fun. I don't care about what the pundits say...there is no pressure on the Rams this year. We already have most of our players locked up through next year (Brockers and McDonald would be the only two that need re-signed I think). We would only lose one of those guys, and hopefully neither.

Goff will have a year of experience, Gurley and Donald will still be stars, and our WR/TE group will have worked themselves out - if we're bad, we will have high 2nd and 3rd round picks to add playmakers....plus free agency.

Literally no pressure here. We all want the Rams to win obviously, but for this season the odds are stacked against us. I am excited to see this offense develop though, that's for sure!