Ron Rivera draws on lifetime of lessons to face cancer, chaos in Washington

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Posted partial article. due to length Link to full article below.
Just wanted to post this to say, Give'em heck coach.
For him to even be on the sideline during chemo is a
testament to the commitment, strength and fight in this man.
# "Rivera Strong"

Ron Rivera draws on lifetime of lessons to face cancer, chaos in Washington

John KeimESPN Staff Writer

ASHBURN, Va. -- The signs of support were as evident Sunday as the signs of reality.
On a day when the Washington Football Team sent multiple messages to coach Ron Rivera -- coaches and players wearing black "Rivera Strong" T-shirts during warm-ups and a section of FedEx Field dubbed "Coach's Corner" with about 400 cardboard cutouts purchased by friends and family -- the effects of his cancer continued to mount a challenge.

During Washington's 31-17 loss in Week 4 to the Baltimore Ravens, Rivera walked to the locker room at halftime with a hand placed on the shoulder of a team employee. During the game he would retreat to the bench during a break, taking a seat to rehydrate. But, as has been his habit since arriving in Washington, where he has faced one challenge after another, Rivera pushed through.

This followed a week in which chemotherapy caused him to miss practice Wednesday and leave early Thursday. During an interview Monday with Robin Roberts on "Good Morning America," he said he has three more weeks of treatment and one more round of chemo remaining.
"It's a struggle. It's a battle," said Rivera, who has squamous cell carcinoma, the second-most-common form of skin cancer.

Full Article-

1602086105327.png

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wish the very best for HC Ron Rivera on his war with squamous cell carcinoma for I know it very well & it's mean, bad & one serious mass killer if not treated on a frequent sometimes a daily basis.

This type of cancer also took my Dad after a decade worth of fighting. I know that we have ROD members who have been battling cancer for long periods & pray for them to continue to have the strength for this ongoing fight. I am very thankful for the many health care professionals that have assisted me in my own ongoing war against this type of cancer! Have great hopes on finding a cure for cancer in our near future for this & all the generations that come after us.