Ron Clements: Stay or Go?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/STL

RB Cadillac Williams
Cadillac Williams played well in spot duty behind Steven Jackson, but he wasn’t nearly as productive the team would have hoped. Williams had 87 carries for 361 yards and a TD. But it was several dropped passes and a botched lateral that led to a Giants TD for which his 2011 season will be remembered. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

RB Jerious Norwood
Jerious Norwood was brought in as a free agent to be the change-of-pace back for Steven Jackson. Instead, Norwood struggled to get on the field. Whether it was a nagging hamstring injury or that he was in the coaches’ doghouse, Norwood was a huge disappointment. [hil]Verdict: Go[/hil]

LB Brady Poppinga
As much fun as Brady Poppinga is to be around and as much as he’s liked in the locker room, he was disappointing on the field. The seven-year veteran struggled to shed blocks and had 69 tackles in 12 starts at SLB. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

LB Bryan Kehl
Bryan Kehl was one of the most inconsistent defensive players the Rams have had the last two seasons. He had just eight tackles in 14 games with one start -- against New Orleans, when he had four tackles in the upset victory. He also recovered an onside kick in the season finale against San Francisco. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

WR Brandon Lloyd
As much as the Rams would like to retain Brandon Lloyd -- and negotiations have begun -- the lure of success in New England will likely be too much. Lloyd has said publicly how much he enjoys playing in the system of Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. If Lloyd isn’t in a Patriots uniform in 2012, it’d be a surprise. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

P Donnie Jones
If you’re Donnie Jones, do you really want to come back to St. Louis? Probably not. Jones will be highly sought after because he’s got a Pro Bowl leg that was under-utilized by former special teams coach Tom McMahon. The Rams would probably like to keep him, but it’s doubtful that Jones will want to stay. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

OL Adam Goldberg
The Steve Spagnuolo regime really liked Adam Goldberg. He’s also the team’s player rep, but the feelings on Goldberg from teammates are mixed and his play last season was not good. Goldberg was often beaten and was simply embarrassed by 49ers rookie DE Aldon Smith. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

DT Gary Gibson
Gary Gibson started every game in 2010 but only one last year. That being said, 2011 may have been Gibson’s best year as a pro. He recorded two sacks -- the first of his six-year career -- and had a career-high 15 solo tackles. [hil]Verdict: Stay.[/hil]

QB Kellen Clemens
Kellen Clemens started the team’s final three games after being claimed off waivers. He learned the offense quickly and earned the respect of the locker room. He’s familiar with new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer’s system and will be a serviceable backup for Sam Bradford. Verdict: Stay.

QB A.J. Feeley
Some questioned whether the Rams should have kept second-year player Thaddeus Lewis last season, but former coach Steve Spagnuolo wanted 11-year veteran A.J. Feeley to back up Sam Bradford. Feeley started the team’s upset win over New Orleans, but outside of that, didn’t really do much of anything. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

TE Stephen Spach
Stephen Spach was a late training camp waiver pickup and then didn’t do much. Like Billy Bajema, Spach was used primarily as a blocker. He caught two passes for three yards and, following one of those catches, lost his cool and got hit with a 15-yard penalty. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

LB Chris Chamberlain
Chris Chamberlain is probably the team’s best special teams player. A seventh-round draft pick from Tulsa in 2008, Chamberlain actually started 13 games last season at WLB. He accumulated a respectable 84 tackles with two sacks and an INT. He’s best suited on special teams and as a backup LB. [hil]Verdict: Stay.[/hil]

LG Jacob Bell
Jacob Bell is the only current Ram on the roster to have previously played for Jeff Fisher. Bell got a huge contract to leave Tennessee in 2008. Most would say the Rams overpaid. Bell was asked to restructure his contract last year and agreed to take a pay cut. Fisher said he likes Bell, but if Bell remains in St. Louis, it won’t be for big money. [hil]Verdict: Stay.[/hil]

TE Billy Bajema
Billy Bajema enjoyed his best season in 2010 when he scored the only two touchdowns of his career -- both in one game -- and had 14 catches for 145 yards. He had just nine receptions for 71 yards last year and was used primarily as a blocker. If he’s back as a Ram for a fourth year, it’ll be a surprise. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

S Darian Stewart
Darian Stewart went from undrafted in 2010 to starter in 2011. Nearly every opposing coach last season cited Stewart as a player they were concerned about. Stewart is a big hitter with some tackling issues, but his upside is tremendous. [hil]Verdict: Stay.[/hil]

FB Britt Miller
Brit Miller received the team’s Ed Block Courage Award for coming back from a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus. Despite coming back after major knee surgery he was serviceable on special teams and the team’s only real fullback before aggravating the knee condition late in the year. [hil]Verdict: Stay.[/hil]

WR Danny Amendola
Danny Amendola led the team with 85 catches in 2010 and was clearly missed last season -- especially on third downs. He dislocated his elbow making a catch in the 2011 season opener and was done for the season. Amendola has respect around the league for his toughness and will be tendered. [hil]Verdict: Stay.[/hil]

DE CJ Ah You
C.J. Ah You was a bit of a surprise to make the team in 2011 following an unimpressive 2010 season. Ah You had his moments with a sack, QB hit and six QB pressures. But he only garnered 11 total tackles. The Rams can upgrade with a little addition by subtraction. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I agree except w/ Jones and Kehl.

I like Kehl for depth, and Jones, I don't want to worry about another hole especially @ P. Besides I met the dude and got his autograph. :twisted:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think there will be some big turmoil at the LB and DT spots. If memory serves me correctly, I think LB were always playmakers for Fisher's D, unlike what we saw during the Spag's era. And I'm pretty sure DT will be big space eater types. Anyone have my back on this?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Warner4Prez said:
I think there will be some big turmoil at the LB and DT spots. If memory serves me correctly, I think LB were always playmakers for Fisher's D, unlike what we saw during the Spag's era. And I'm pretty sure DT will be big space eater types. Anyone have my back on this?
I don't remember a whole lot of big names at OLB for the Titans. I mean, nobody is standing out to me right now if I rely on memory. Which isn't surprising, because I could give a shit about the Titans over the years. I think you're right about DT though. All I know is, that team never slacked against the run.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/STL

RB Cadillac Williams
Cadillac Williams played well in spot duty behind Steven Jackson, but he wasn’t nearly as productive the team would have hoped. Williams had 87 carries for 361 yards and a TD. But it was several dropped passes and a botched lateral that led to a Giants TD for which his 2011 season will be remembered. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

RB Jerious Norwood
Jerious Norwood was brought in as a free agent to be the change-of-pace back for Steven Jackson. Instead, Norwood struggled to get on the field. Whether it was a nagging hamstring injury or that he was in the coaches’ doghouse, Norwood was a huge disappointment. [hil]Verdict: Go[/hil]

LB Brady Poppinga
As much fun as Brady Poppinga is to be around and as much as he’s liked in the locker room, he was disappointing on the field. The seven-year veteran struggled to shed blocks and had 69 tackles in 12 starts at SLB. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

LB Bryan Kehl
Bryan Kehl was one of the most inconsistent defensive players the Rams have had the last two seasons. He had just eight tackles in 14 games with one start -- against New Orleans, when he had four tackles in the upset victory. He also recovered an onside kick in the season finale against San Francisco. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

WR Brandon Lloyd
As much as the Rams would like to retain Brandon Lloyd -- and negotiations have begun -- the lure of success in New England will likely be too much. Lloyd has said publicly how much he enjoys playing in the system of Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. If Lloyd isn’t in a Patriots uniform in 2012, it’d be a surprise. Verdict: Stay.

P Donnie Jones
If you’re Donnie Jones, do you really want to come back to St. Louis? Probably not. Jones will be highly sought after because he’s got a Pro Bowl leg that was under-utilized by former special teams coach Tom McMahon. The Rams would probably like to keep him, but it’s doubtful that Jones will want to stay. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

OL Adam Goldberg
The Steve Spagnuolo regime really liked Adam Goldberg. He’s also the team’s player rep, but the feelings on Goldberg from teammates are mixed and his play last season was not good. Goldberg was often beaten and was simply embarrassed by 49ers rookie DE Aldon Smith. Verdict: Go really far away.

DT Gary Gibson
Gary Gibson started every game in 2010 but only one last year. That being said, 2011 may have been Gibson’s best year as a pro. He recorded two sacks -- the first of his six-year career -- and had a career-high 15 solo tackles. Verdict: Go.

QB Kellen Clemens
Kellen Clemens started the team’s final three games after being claimed off waivers. He learned the offense quickly and earned the respect of the locker room. He’s familiar with new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer’s system and will be a serviceable backup for Sam Bradford. Verdict: Stay.

QB A.J. Feeley
Some questioned whether the Rams should have kept second-year player Thaddeus Lewis last season, but former coach Steve Spagnuolo wanted 11-year veteran A.J. Feeley to back up Sam Bradford. Feeley started the team’s upset win over New Orleans, but outside of that, didn’t really do much of anything. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

TE Stephen Spach
Stephen Spach was a late training camp waiver pickup and then didn’t do much. Like Billy Bajema, Spach was used primarily as a blocker. He caught two passes for three yards and, following one of those catches, lost his cool and got hit with a 15-yard penalty. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

LB Chris Chamberlain
Chris Chamberlain is probably the team’s best special teams player. A seventh-round draft pick from Tulsa in 2008, Chamberlain actually started 13 games last season at WLB. He accumulated a respectable 84 tackles with two sacks and an INT. He’s best suited on special teams and as a backup LB. Verdict: Stay or go.

LG Jacob Bell
Jacob Bell is the only current Ram on the roster to have previously played for Jeff Fisher. Bell got a huge contract to leave Tennessee in 2008. Most would say the Rams overpaid. Bell was asked to restructure his contract last year and agreed to take a pay cut. Fisher said he likes Bell, but if Bell remains in St. Louis, it won’t be for big money. Verdict: Stay or go.

TE Billy Bajema
Billy Bajema enjoyed his best season in 2010 when he scored the only two touchdowns of his career -- both in one game -- and had 14 catches for 145 yards. He had just nine receptions for 71 yards last year and was used primarily as a blocker. If he’s back as a Ram for a fourth year, it’ll be a surprise. Verdict: Go far away.

S Darian Stewart
Darian Stewart went from undrafted in 2010 to starter in 2011. Nearly every opposing coach last season cited Stewart as a player they were concerned about. Stewart is a big hitter with some tackling issues, but his upside is tremendous. Verdict: Stay, I'm begging you.

FB Britt Miller
Brit Miller received the team’s Ed Block Courage Award for coming back from a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus. Despite coming back after major knee surgery he was serviceable on special teams and the team’s only real fullback before aggravating the knee condition late in the year. [hil]Verdict: Stay.[/hil]

WR Danny Amendola
Danny Amendola led the team with 85 catches in 2010 and was clearly missed last season -- especially on third downs. He dislocated his elbow making a catch in the 2011 season opener and was done for the season. Amendola has respect around the league for his toughness and will be tendered. Verdict: Please stay.

DE CJ Ah You
C.J. Ah You was a bit of a surprise to make the team in 2011 following an unimpressive 2010 season. Ah You had his moments with a sack, QB hit and six QB pressures. But he only garnered 11 total tackles. The Rams can upgrade with a little addition by subtraction. [hil]Verdict: Go.[/hil]

RamHam

UDFA
Dont be worried about Darian leaving he is an exclusive free agent any offer we give him he has to accept

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He forgot to mention Jermelle Cudjo, who is also an exclusive rights free agent. In my opinion, Cudjo should definitely be given another chance to prove himself. He showed a lot of promise in 2010, and he has much more upside than Gibson.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
He forgot to mention Jermelle Cudjo, who is also an exclusive rights free agent. In my opinion, Cudjo should definitely be given another chance to prove himself. He showed a lot of promise in 2010, and he has much more upside than Gibson.
. . . and a way cooler name.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
Memento said:
. . . and a way cooler name.

Yeah. St. Louis hasn't had a "Cujo/Cudjo" since that stud of a goalie. I want that trend to start up again.

:cheese: