Roman Phifer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamseyF

Rookie
Name
Ramsey
http://rampage1999.blogspot.com/

Throwback: Roman Phifer

Roman Phifer may be the best Rams player never to make the Pro Bowl. Though he was an alternate in 1995 and 1996, he never played in the game. For the first six seasons with the Rams he was a classic WILL linebacker, who excelled in pass coverage. Often, against Run and Shoot teams he was the only linebacker on the field since the Rams played dime defenses against those spread offenses.

fearsomefour

Legend
And he was named after Roman Gabriel, so, he had good parents.
He got a ring in 2001 with NE?....forgot about that. No Pro Bowls, but, 2 rings? Most players would take that I think.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not my first choice.He was from UCLA ,& (can eat my shorts)was not as good as his numbers.
That's just my opinion,but yeah I always liked him to some degree.He was not the most loved Ram player,which I found odd.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The line of UCLA players & the Rams continued.....and still does today...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He got a ring in 2001 with NE?....forgot about that. No Pro Bowls, but, 2 rings? Most players would take that I think.
Speaking from 'personal knowledge' I know Deacon Jones would!!

RamseyF

Rookie
Name
Ramsey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
3 rings. 2001, 2003, 2004