Roman Gabriel in a purple skirt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
That was Roman? Damn he was pretty thick...LOL
That was a different era. Most QB’s were bigger, and it’s a good thing too, because the rules back then we’re hard on a QB and they needed to be able to take a hit. Think of the great quarterbacks from that era, Unitas, Starr, Brody, Namath, and Gabriel. They were all bigger quarterbacks, while the linemen averaged between 250 and 270 lbs. At that time the emphasis wasn’t on speed as much as it was on toughness. A whole different time back then.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
That was a different era. Most QB’s were bigger, and it’s a good thing too, because the rules back then we’re hard on a QB and they needed to be able to take a hit. Think of the great quarterbacks from that era, Unitas, Starr, Brody, Namath, and Gabriel. They were all bigger quarterbacks, while the linemen averaged between 250 and 270 lbs. At that time the emphasis wasn’t on speed as much as it was on toughness. A whole different time back then.
I just tried looking up their playing weights. Obviously it might be wrong, but Namath, Unitas, Brodie (John Brodie? Guessing on this one, never heard of him) and Starr were listed at 201 pounds or less. Gabriel was listed at 220. Seems like an outlier.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just tried looking up their playing weights. Obviously it might be wrong, but Namath, Unitas, Brodie (John Brodie? Guessing on this one, never heard of him) and Starr were listed at 201 pounds or less. Gabriel was listed at 220. Seems like an outlier.
He was an outlier. Tarkenton played at 190 lbs. Staubach at 197 lbs. Even Kilmer is listed at 204 lbs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Still have a picture of Roman Gabriel hanging in my office at work as a Gentleman that started the same time I did for the company we work at 15 years ago, gave me that framed picture of Gabriel playing the Baltimore Colts.

The first game I can recall watching happened when I was four years of age back in December of 1970 when the Rams played the New York Giants. Giants and Rams both had a chance make the playoffs so it was a big game and I recall being in my Grandparent's living room watching the game (Zenith TV) most likely just parts of the game being four, but everyone being upset as the Rams dismantled the Giants 31-3 as Gabriel threw two touchdowns to WR Pat Studstill, who was also the Rams punter....Great memories as my Uncle yelling "You can't cover the damn Punter?"...Great Times!
football-los-angeles-rams-qb-roman-gabriel-in-action-vs-new-york-at-picture-id1091217162

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Roman Gabriel on Gilligan's Island was one of the reasons I became Rams fan.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The age old question. Ginger or Mary Ann? Most guys say Mary Ann. I always said Ginger because I preferred slutty women. :mrburnsevil:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Some other good cameos

Ray Malevasi on Fantasy Island

FEC336FD-2DA1-4BC3-A537-CAF0FB9A9FBB.jpeg

Pat Haden on the Love Boat

C87A7293-7D9F-4F6F-98CB-3A3F3ED238D0.png

Vince in Police Woman Centerfold

9F5E3F1E-1E58-4CF0-AD83-88EB5336491F.png

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

They probably didn't want to wear a traditional Hawaiian malo... so they made these more dress like. The malos are much more revealing... some are almost like loincloths.

Hell, back in those days they probably couldn't let them show someone wearing a real malo on TV because some of the ass check might be seen. Hahaha. I think it was either Gilligan's Island or I Dream of Genie that was the 1st show to actually show a women's navel on TV... showing a slight part of an ass check might have caused a meltdown back then.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The age old question. Ginger or Mary Ann? Most guys say Mary Ann. I always said Ginger because I preferred slutty women. :mrburnsevil:

Mrs. Howell. Go for the rich old lady to support me. Besides, Thurston's cheap - he's so wealthy yet took a 3-hour tour on the SS Minnow? Nope, Lovey needed a real man.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Okay, maybe they just looked bigger since the linemen were smaller. Next time I’ll check my facts out before posting.:doh: