Roger Saffold is a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
He's a MUCH better player than Schwartz AND a high RAM draft pick who is now staying. He's getting a lot more than Schwartz.

I don't agree that he's a much better player than Schwartz.
I do agree that he's a much better player than any other guard currently on the roster.

Name
Ryan
I think Watkins should definitely be our top pick now then take one of the top 3 OL at 13 or take the top rated safety. I believe if we miss out on Mathews/Robinson/lewan then our second rd target should be yankey. With his size I think he could play T in a pinch which would only add more versatility to our line.

jjab360

Legend
:ROFLMAO::D

Feels good to be a Rams fan right now. We accept you Rodger, injuries and all!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
NSFW language warning.... (and mods if the link itself is problematic, feel free to delete with my apologies)... but this sums up my thoughts about these events nicely:

Also, we definitely should NOT draft Reggie Ray for our Guard vacancy.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Ehhhh, I don't know about you guys, but this signing has me a bit nervous. I hope we didn't overpay for an injury-plagued guard. And I hope he gives us his all, knowing he'll never be a tackle with us.

Most likely ends the possibility of Mack coming here:cry::cry::cry:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This is nuts. All i want to know is if he took a fair deal to stay here. I was all in favor of letting him walk unless he signed at a damaged goods type deal.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am amazed!:unsure: that on this turn of events....never would have thought this would turn out like this. Do we really want to put RS anywhere close to the OT posts?......I would plan on placing Saffold back on the left side where he like to play@ OLG & just leave him there to help out the rookie or Barrett Jones or whomever takes up the OLT post for Jake Long. Saffold would sure help stabilized that blind side protection of Sam Bradford. I would make Saffold comfortable on that left side.

Then plan to put the new OL starter whomever that is @ ORG between Veteran Wells & Barksdale.

jjab360

Legend
I am amazed!:unsure: that on this turn of events....never would have thought this would turn out like this. Do we really want to put RS anywhere close to the OT posts?......I would plan on placing Saffold @ OLG & just leave him there to help out whomever takes up the OLT post for Jake Long Then plan to put the new starter whomever that is @ ORG between Veteran Wells & Barksdale.
Saffold dominated at RG last year, why not just leave him there?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Saffold dominated at RG last year, why not just leave him there?

Saffold is a left side guy he has voice it over and over...left side has an issue with the Jake Long injury....the unknown with that situation. having Saffold who has always played left side since HS on the left OG side helps stabilized that blind side.

A55VA6

Legend
Yes!! I'll take Rodger and his injuries back any day! Wonder what we paid him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I am amazed!:unsure: that on this turn of events....never would have thought this would turn out like this. Do we really want to put RS anywhere close to the OT posts?......I would plan on placing Saffold @ OLG & just leave him there to help out whomever takes up the OLT post for Jake Long Then plan to put the new starter whomever that is @ ORG between Veteran Wells & Barksdale.
Draft Robinson. Draft a Guard for depth.
Long
Robinson
Wells/Jones/Barnes
Saffold
Barksdale

When Saffy gets hurt insert Jones/drafted player at G.
When Wells gets hurt insert Jones/Barnes at C.
When Long gets hurt again insert Saffy at LT.
If they all get hurt...get a new QB.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This changes everything! Saffold is the best OG we could have come away with this free agency and I was certain he was gone! He can fill in at tackle if we really need him to and we no longer have such a pressing need at guard! This frees up our draft possibilities and decreases our needs. Plus, I'm guess we got a much better deal than we would have originally.
image.jpg

jjab360

Legend
Saffold is a left side guy he has voice it over and over...left side has an issue with the Jake Long injury....the unknown with that situation. having Saffold who has always played left side since HS on the left OG side helps stabilized that blind side.
Like... when exactly?

Saffold had no problem playing RT and RG last year, and I believe I've heard him say it doesn't really matter to him.