Rodney McLeod

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
He was better at FS than slot CB, IMO, and i'd like to get something out of our second round pick. I personally hated the Joyner pick.

What I wouldn't give to have a time machine to go back and change that pick to Garappalo:(:mad::sick:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
After all the blown coverages? The abysmal Giants game? The ease at which most teams seemed to pass on us when not under pressure from the DL. I'll give you average. Barron is good when playing a scheme suited for him. MR showed some flashes. Maybe Tru gets a pass due to injury. But RM and JJ gave up far more plays than they made. Joyner seemed lucky to line up right at times. No, the strength of the team to me are DL and RB.
Every team has trouble stopping the pass with no pass rush, even Seattle
This is a very young secondary, mistakes will be made. Not to mention williams scheme in it's nature is very boom or bust.

Our secondary could use an upgrade, who's couldn't? But to say it's average is a massive oversight. Does an average secondary hold the broncos to 7 and have back to back shut outs?

fearsomefour

Legend
I was sour on McLeod before this year, but, he really evolved this year and is a resign to me. Tendering him at a higher level is ok by me. But, sign him to at least a couple year deal.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Every team has trouble stopping the pass with no pass rush, even Seattle
This is a very young secondary, mistakes will be made. Not to mention williams scheme in it's nature is very boom or bust.

Our secondary could use an upgrade, who's couldn't? But to say it's average is a massive oversight. Does an average secondary hold the broncos to 7 and have back to back shut outs?

Does a strength of the team give up 37 points and 391 passing yards to a subpar Giants team? Let's not pretend that the DL wasn't the main reason we got those shutouts. The secondary did have some good games no doubt. But looking at the year as a whole they were inconsistent and sometimes downright ineffective. To say it's a strength is overestimating. It's average, with some good players and some inconsistent players. We are another good, everydown CB and a true play the pass FS from this being a strength.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
trust me I'm a Rodney hater.

But who you going to target to replace him?

Early picks and FA will need to go to OL Qb.

Need to secure his services for depth and may need to start him one more year depending on who we can bring in for competition.
bump Tru to free safety. I think he would be legit. he's a big guy and has more of a natural ability to not just blow coverages

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
bump Tru to free safety. I think he would be legit. he's a big guy and has more of a natural ability to not just blow coverages

If the coaches think he can make the transition I would be all for it but we would have to draft another corner in that scenario. Id rather give Joyner a try there or draft or sign a true free saftey in free agency. Would love to have McCourty.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If the coaches think he can make the transition I would be all for it but we would have to draft another corner in that scenario. Id rather give Joyner a try there or draft or sign a true free saftey in free agency. Would love to have McCourty.

It sure will be interesting early in OTA & TC to what happens here. Rams should come to camp with a very large cadre of young talented safeties & corners under contract GW has 6 DB's who can play corner. He has 8 DB's who play a safety post or who has played safety at some point in their college or NFL yrs. Rams has used eleven of its 2012 thru 2015 draft selections to arrive here at this point in time in 2015 with a dozen young primed & ready DB's.

If the Fisher & Williams can not field a outstanding fully functional operational secondary from all this invested priceless high valued draft capital ???? without having to bring in more draft picks or bring in a high cost $$$ UFA DB to make it work...... total fail has taken place!:mad: then guys we are in much more serious shape than any of us knows.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lot of Rams fans underestimate Rodney. I am sure Fish at the very least tenders him high and maybe even re-signs him.

Williams needs a smart safety making his coverage calls, I don't want to see another adjustment period. I want top 5 defense all season long.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Lot of Rams fans underestimate Rodney. I am sure Fish at the very least tenders him high and maybe even re-signs him.

Williams needs a smart safety making his coverage calls, I don't want to see another adjustment period. I want top 5 defense all season long.

Its my belief that Williams recognize that need. He waited hunted & found what he needed. Then Snead, Fisher & Williams moved on that need & traded that very smart heady safety who is more than capable to make all the needed coverage calls. His name is strong safety Mark Barron. This Rams back seven is going to rock in 2015. When you mix a rocking secondary with our disruptive defensive front its going to make the NFL cry in pain in 2015!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
He was better at FS than slot CB, IMO, and i'd like to get something out of our second round pick. I personally hated the Joyner pick.

I agree man. But... You still want to get something out of Pead too? I know the timeline is different but just saying. I guess time will tell eh? :cool: I hope you're correct and he can be a FS.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joyner made so many mistakes this year it wasn't funny.. Good God..

Rookies tend to do that. GW has a complicated scheme. Joyner needs to play FS. The guy hits like a mack truck when you get him moving. Him, TJ, and Barron at safety might lead to the Rams being charged with first degree murder next year. :LOL:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Rookies tend to do that. GW has a complicated scheme. Joyner needs to play FS. The guy hits like a mack truck when you get him moving. Him, TJ, and Barron at safety might lead to the Rams being charged with first degree murder next year. :LOL:

He's too damn small to hit like a Mack truck. Hell, I'm bigger than he is. Just saying. :)

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

So you're saying we have a Toby Wright amongst the corp???? I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe TJ.. But yet he knocked out Gaines with his dumb play. :cool:

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, Mcleod is a fine, versatile player who will never get his due from those looking for perfection or the next Earl Thomas at the position. It seems to me that he consistently gets blamed for coverage miscommunications / issues in Williams scheme that we often find out later were not actually on him, but on the corners.