Rodney Mcleod

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Isn't his poor performance playing FS at USC the reason he fell to the 3rd round?

In any case, I didn't see him play any games in college so I'm just going by his performance as a Ram with what I read about his college play in the back of my mind. Of course that was his first year so maybe he'll get much better. I don't like taking that chance but the Rams brain trust knows more about him than I do that's for sure.

When you talk about him having pretty good ball skills when the ball is in the air, that goes back to your original point about him being a liability in coverage. Again, I don't consider him a liability in coverage, I consider him a liability playing FS. Put him on man coverage of the TE and I'm good to go.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And he can really cover some ground. We don't use a traditional center-fielder anyways in our defense.
Coming from someone who also actually watched him play. So put that in your pipe and smoke it Alan. :fighting:

Alan

Legend
DR RAM adding to the conversation:
And he can really cover some ground. We don't use a traditional center-fielder anyways in our defense.
So why are we giving such huge cushions to the opposing team's WRs?

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 trying to change what I put in my pipe:
Coming from someone who also actually watched him play. So put that in your pipe and smoke it Alan. :fighting:
Sorry, if it's not green with an occasional seed it's not going into my pipe.
smileys-beating-and-fighting-820903.gif

Alan

Legend
[QUOTE]DR RAM wanting to join the posse:
You'd have to ask our DC of last year....IF you can find him:cautious:[/QUOTE]
I heard he was in disguise and hiding out in Wyoming somewhere.
images

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Isn't his poor performance playing FS at USC the reason he fell to the 3rd round?

In any case, I didn't see him play any games in college so I'm just going by his performance as a Ram with what I read about his college play in the back of my mind. Of course that was his first year so maybe he'll get much better. I don't like taking that chance but the Rams brain trust knows more about him than I do that's for sure.

When you talk about him having pretty good ball skills when the ball is in the air, that goes back to your original point about him being a liability in coverage. Again, I don't consider him a liability in coverage, I consider him a liability playing FS. Put him on man coverage of the TE and I'm good to go.

No. IMO THIS was more the reason.
McDonald moved into more of a hybrid linebacker/safety role for USC, setting a career high in tackles (112) and tackles for loss (6.5).

If you are expecting him to fall back deep and cover the speedy receivers at his size, that is just asking him or any other very good safety to get beat. Good thing that is not how we play - though our scheme last year IMO was not good for any of the DB talent we had. Even at that, I would put his ball skills ahead of any safety we have on the team right now and better than most in the draft last year. I think we got a steal.

Alan

Legend
DR RAM with inside knowledge:
Good medical grade is always seedless....amateur:rolleyes:
Yeah but the stupid idiots here in NH were hoping the medical and recreational pot laws wouldn't pass. Now that they have they still haven't got any provision for buying it legally. My neurologist told me he doubted they'd get anything up and going before the end of the year. I'm forced to rely on the local economy. :ROFLMAO:
upload_2014-3-18_16-38-13.jpeg
Seeds and all.

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 reading a different chapter:
If you are expecting him to fall back deep and cover the speedy receivers at his size, that is just asking him or any other very good safety to get beat.
I'm not sure we're on the same page here. It isn't a question of him getting beat, it's a question of him limiting the damage. I don't expect a FS to stop the pass reception most of the time, I expect them to allow our CBs to play man and not worry about getting beat because the FS will limit the damage.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :p :coffee:

http://www.google.com/imgres?rlz=1C...bAoU9CBD4PB0gGb5ICgBA&zoom=1&ved=0COsCEIQcMFQ

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah but the stupid idiots here in NH were hoping the Medical and recreational pot laws wouldn't pass. Not that they have they still haven't got any provision for buying it legally. My neurologist told me he doubted they'd get anything up and going before the end of the year. I'm forced to rely on the local economy. :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1404
That's a bummer. I have a neurologist too, he's my main doctor. Nerve pain is a female dog. It doesn't really help for pain so much, it just helps me to sleep, sometimes, and it's specific for that. I like to keep my mind as sharp as I can, getting old takes away enough of my brain.:cheers:

Alan

Legend
DR RAM knowing what it's like:
That's a bummer. I have a neurologist too, he's my main doctor. Nerve pain is a female dog. It doesn't really help for pain so much, it just helps me to sleep, sometimes, and it's specific for that. I like to keep my mind as sharp as I can, getting old takes away enough of my brain.:cheers:
Exactly my brother! I only smoke in the evenings so that I can keep my mind reasonably sharp in the day. The two naps I take every day makes it almost impossible to sleep at night without it. :cheers:

BTW, I have a neurologist and a neuro-ophthalmologist.

Last edited: