Rodney McLeod: “We have to do more”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Very good depth and ST player...

Don't get me wrong, I like Rodney. His effort is unquestioned, but how many WR's ran deep & wide-open on us? 10?

2015 Draft/FA wish list: OL, OL, QB, LB, FS

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I agree completely. When I think of him, its great depth, but he cannot be a starter full time.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think McLeod is going anywhere.....I think the coaches think a lot more highly of him than many Rams fans. Below is from Gregg Williams about 2 weeks ago:

(Gregg Williams on S Rodney McLeod)
“I’ve kind of admired Rodney from a far. Really didn’t know how good a football player he was until you’re around him every day. Not only just from his skill set, he’s very sharp. He understands the game very well. I don’t know if you guys have seen how much ground he can cover from the free safety position and the instincts he has on breaking on balls. He covers a lot of distance back there, but then we put him in the box, too. The first couple of years he’s been here he’s had to play down there similar to what E.J.’s doing right now. His versatility allows us to trick some coverage, present a different disguise, present a different look and he’s done very well. He’s very well respected on this team. He’s a voice behind the scenes on this team. Your free safety, your safeties in general, but your free safety and your middle linebacker have to be an extension of the play caller because they’re out there on the field making all the calls that I want to do, but I’m on the sideline. He does a very good job with that. I don’t know if you see during the game, we communicate quite a bit together. I’m getting his opinion on a lot of different things because I’ve learned to trust his opinion and he’s learned to trust mine.”