Rodney McLeod is about the same size as Earl Thomas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Earl Thomas is 5'10 202 and Rodney McLeod is 5'9 183. I know Thomas has him by 19 pounds but if McLeod gains 10-15 pounds he will be good to start at FS

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thomas is much faster than McLeod.

I like McLeod, he's a gamer, I don't know if he can hold up for entire season at his size, but he plays smart. Still, he is a stop gap until next years draft.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
max said:
Thomas is much faster than McLeod.

I like McLeod, he's a gamer, I don't know if he can hold up for entire season at his size, but he plays smart. Still, he is a stop gap until next years draft.
I wonder if fans were saying the same thing about London Fletcher.

jjab360

Legend
Twenty pounds is a big difference. That's like saying Chris Johnson is about the same size as Adrian Peterson.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jjab360 said:
Twenty pounds is a big difference. That's like saying Chris Johnson is about the same size as Adrian Peterson.

As long as he can get interceptions brake up some passes and be a sound tackler he doesnt have to be 200lbs and I think he will do that. Hes going to be a good safety for years to come

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not so concerned about his size. He's fundamentally sound as a tackler which will make a big difference and I bet if he starts, you'll see McDonald more in the box with McLeod playing more in space. I do like what I've seen from McLeod though. Seems disciplined and technically sound. That's something we need at safety.

A55VA6

Legend
McLeod has very good instincts and usually doesn't make big mistakes. He's a smart player that recognizes plays pretty quickly and swarms to the ball. He's shown he can cover very well on multiple occasions this preseason. He got that one interception that we negated because McGee was called for PI. I'll be upset if McLeod isn't starting alongside TJ because I believe he's earned it and with the safeties on our roster, he gives us the best chance to succeed, imo.