Rodgers vs. Bradford ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Even Torry was slobbering on Rodgers nuts during the broadcast, talking about how Rodgers was "pushing the ball down the field". At the time, the longest passes he had thrown was a few 5 yarders to the sidelines. He threw one long pass the whole game later, and that guy was only open against a rookie that blew his assignment.
Rodgers dinks and dunks, and he's the greatest ever, Bradford dinks and dunks, and he's captain checkdown.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Uh, no, they should report on the game as it was and not slobber over a QB. It doesn't make any difference if the rams have had success, just report what fricking happened.

Watch the rams stomp the browns and Manziel will be the whole story.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The NFLN staff did a nice job at halftime. I was particularly impressed with Warren Saap discussing Sam Bradford.

Warner seems to try too hard to "not look like a homer". I find that annoying sometimes.

Agree which is why he wore the "Green" tie. o_O

RamsesIII

UDFA
I'm re-watching the game on DVR this morning. Rodgers is flat out on a different level from my perspective. The 1st drive play-action where he had to scramble to get away from Robert Quinn. Aaron has eyes in the back of his head. He found a lane, accelerated through it, slid in between 5 blue jerseys.....then the part I was most impressed with, came instantly up out of the slide before a player could touch him, and was back in huddle, while our guys were still trying to figure out who's fault it was. Next pass, lightening sling throw to sideline to beat the DE's again.

If we meet the Packers in post season with both teams at full strength, I think it would take a shoot-out to beat an Aaron Rodger's led team.

It sure would have been nice to see both teams with 1st strings at full health. May be some rust early in the year. We may start some games slow, but I think we finish stronger. We'll be grinding out the early seasons wins until we hit our stride. By mid-season we'll be blowing teams out. I still think we'll end up 19-0.

Re-watching the game, I have a different perspective. I've been over & over both teams' first two drives. I don't see an iota of difference between the two quarterbacks... whoever they are. Both looked very impressive.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re-watching the game, I have a different perspective. I've been over & over both teams' first two drives. I don't see an iota of difference between the two quarterbacks... whoever they are. Both looked very impressive.
thank you thats my point whether Rodgers has earned it or not they played the same one coming back from serious injury. simply wanted a fair comparison by the media

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really don't know why anybody watches ESPN, NFLN, NFL Pregame shows, etc. They are all garbage.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
well that's my point. he's proven it's no big deal he put a few drives together for 10 points. it's expected. Bradford does about the same thing coming off ACL and they don't care. the point is to highlight NEWS not Rodgers being Rodgers in preseason. if your gonna rag on Bradford for always being make or break then they should shut up and post the highlights when he puts up

Let me clarify them saying "make or break" about Bradford. It's mosly "break" with the "make" only thrown in so they don't sound biased. They hate talking about Sam and the Rams. They just wish we fall back into the pit we arose from.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'd like to see some caparison done on how Rodgers was brought into the league versus Bradford.

I know the Rams did not have the luxury of having Sam sit behind a great QB while learning how to play at this level. Has this hurt his development or is getting thrown in the fire just the way it had to be?

Has Rodgers ever had to learn a new system or is he still running the same thing he learned while sitting behind Favre?

I really thought Sam looked good outside the deep throw to Britt. Hopefully this year he will show he is ready to lead the Rams now and in the future.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd like to see some caparison done on how Rodgers was brought into the league versus Bradford.

I know the Rams did not have the luxury of having Sam sit behind a great QB while learning how to play at this level. Has this hurt his development or is getting thrown in the fire just the way it had to be?

Has Rodgers ever had to learn a new system or is he still running the same thing he learned while sitting behind Favre?

I really thought Sam looked good outside the deep throw to Britt. Hopefully this year he will show he is ready to lead the Rams now and in the future.
I completely believed coming in as a rookie on that pitiful Rams team Bradford really regressed his skills and his confidence and basically how he played football period after having a solid rookie year. Rodgers just slid into the driver seat of a performance car with that team in front of him and went full speed ahead

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sam isn't even half the QB Rodgers is. And that's OK, because not many are even close to his level. Rodgers is going to get that attention because he's going to be in the HOF within the next 15 years or so. Sam played extremely well, and we know that. Even Packers fans were impressed. But until Sam can put up performances like that consistently, he isn't going to get that attention and he shouldn't.
What happens this week if he plays well against the Browns. Johnny(football)Manzil still get all the hype ??

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's even better when everyone rips on bradford for "dinking and dunking" as Rodgers does the same thing on the other side of the field.

That's one thing that annoyed the shit out of me on another board. I was posting during the game and some Lions fan starts harping on Bradford for "always checking down" after the first drive. I, then, pointed out that Rodgers had done the exact same thing and people applauded him for taking what the defense gave him. His response was to quote average pass distance since 2010. Then, Bradford's second drive happened and I thanked him for his earlier comments because now we all got to have a good laugh at his expense.

On the subject of the thread, doesn't bother me, Rodgers earned the praise.

iced

That's one thing that annoyed the crap out of me on another board. I was posting during the game and some Lions fan starts harping on Bradford for "always checking down" after the first drive. I, then, pointed out that Rodgers had done the exact same thing and people applauded him for taking what the defense gave him. His response was to quote average pass distance since 2010. Then, Bradford's second drive happened and I thanked him for his earlier comments because now we all got to have a good laugh at his expense.

On the subject of the thread, doesn't bother me, Rodgers earned the praise.

oh rodgers has earned the praise - it's just funny to me that people use 'checking down' as a bashing point but praise the HOF QB for the doing the same thing. You're right though - hypocrites are always good for a hearty laugh (y) :D:cool:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think Rodgers has been the best QB in the game for a few years now. I don't see any weaknesses.
-instinctual
-intelligent
-strong arm
-accurate
-good touch passer
-good deep ball
-mobile
-great feet
-leader
-durable
-not a "look at me" prima donna in the media

He deserves props.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry but Rogers HAS earned the spot light. And IMO, he showed why. Totally in command. To be fair though, he has been in the same system for quite some time and had the luxury of holding a clipboard for a HOF QB. I thought Sam looked very good but he has a ways to go before he has earned equal billing with a QB like Rogers.

RamsesIII

UDFA
No one is questioning Aaron's deservedly elite status, or that he doesn't deserve accolades. He gets them repeatedly, season in & season out. But let's talk about THIS game! You know, Sam's first game back from knee surgery, in his so-called "make or break" season that all the pundits have been ranting about. Certainly, leading up to the game, that was what they talked about. You'd think that after he played well, they would mention it a lot more than they did. Right? Well, I'm going to commit heresy here. I'm going to say there's an argument to be made that SAM OUTPLAYED ROGERS! Go back & watch every pass the two QBs made in their quarter of play. Both did well, but Sam had the two outstanding passes... to Quick & Kendricks. Rogers had no throws as impressive as those two. ( No, I don't really think Sam outplayed Rogers. Just making a point.) Anyway, I don't worry that much about what the pundits say... even when they are on Sam's bandwagon come season's end. I am just going to lean back and enjoy this season.