Rodger Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I always get worried when someone tells me not to worry lol. But pretty cool that he posted this. Classy Saffold.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Here's what I don't like about Rodger Saffold...I don't like the fact that Brandon Washington is his backup.

This is a big question mark is it not?

We know that ORG Brown will most likely be backed up by Reynolds. We figure that Donnal back up Havenstein @ ORT. I bet that Jones will back up Barnes & Battle will back up Robinson @ OLT.

What we don't know is who will back up the most injured OLG in the NFL Saffold? Here @ this point in time with the OTA's, Training Camp & now past the halfway point in pre season in the rear view mirror. I see the big Nine (currently) as being:
OLT- Robinson/Battle
OLG- Saffold/VACANT
OC- Barnes/Jones
ORG-Brown/Reynolds
ORT- Havenstein/Donnal

With interior OL'er Demetrius Rhaney being the 10th. On Sunday evening we watched Brandon Washington play the entire first half. He had a few moments but was far from being consistent or showing that he deserves to make this team over other Ol'ers.

The 2nd half the Rams opened up with Garrett Reynolds @ OLG. It was Reynolds who was leading the way on that big Watts screen pass & his block down field that gave Watts another 10 yds. It was Reynolds who was pass blocking strong on that Given long TD pass! Reynolds who only played in one series @ OLG looked like he was KING KONG:bow:.

By mid way through the 3rd quarter, we saw Travis Bond get introduced to the left side @ OG. He played there until the Game concluded. Bond looked better than Washington but he was not going up against the #1's either.

Bottom Line here is Reynolds looks pretty good as Rodger Saffold's back up.:D

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
"If he makes all 16 regular season games AGAIN like last season"

Fixed it.

I want the 2015 version of Saffold, the one that plays every snap of every game and is selected to the pro bowl, but cant make it cause hes busy getting ready for the Super Bowl.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
OLG- Saffold/VACANT
So, what you're saying is anybody besides Washington....I'd hope that Reynolds is Saff's backup...I'd like to believe Bond is better than Washington...But I have no doubt Cody Wichmann could easily handle LG too...damn calf injury...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So, what you're saying is anybody besides Washington....I'd hope that Reynolds is Saff's backup...I'd like to believe Bond is better than Washington...But I have no doubt Cody Wichmann could easily handle LG too...damn calf injury...

Washington has a delay in his start up. Go back & look at the five OL'ers firing off .....Brandon is the last one off the line....many times I see him trailing the Dl'er that flew by him during his moment of delay. Washington has some very good wheels like I have said before.

Brandon has a very quick turn & grab & a great initial gear to run after his man who is streaking into the backfield. But as we all know that means very little once he is beaten.

Bond has those continued "Brain Clouds "moments in blocking the needed right DL'er. Too many times he just has no ideal who he is to block & lets his DL'er run free. When Bond does get it right he can easily take out his man without any problems:confused:.

Looks to me that it may be just too late in the game to think that Cody Wichmann has the time to make up for all the time missed....shame. Cody if he had stayed healthy would be a perfect fit in this current OL. I have no ideal what the future has for Cody. What do you think?:bueller: