Rodger Saffold: “We’re going to have to be on our ‘A’ Game”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Need a win to avoid getting buried in the division standings
Divisional game
Biggest rival
Home game
GSOT celebration

No pressure

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
It feels like the season hinges on this game. A big win and we can rally, a loss might be enough to send us into a downward spiral. I think we can really take it to the 9ers tomorrow night and get on a roll

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It feels like the season hinges on this game. A big win and we can rally, a loss might be enough to send us into a downward spiral. I think we can really take it to the 9ers tomorrow night and get on a roll
Agreed. Pivotal game to say the least. If we lose and the stars don't align right elsewhere....we're pretty much canon fodder in 2014 :(

I know we can win this game. SF isn't as strong as they have been, but they're defense will be the best we've faced so far. I like our offense @ home though.
Davis will be prepared. Our skill guys will be ready. Our OLine must be prepared for a physical matchup. I think Quick has a great game. This is a game where i wouldn't mind seeing the Rams force SF into a shootout.

My concerns still lie squarely on the defense. Gore is on a tear right now, and i have nightmares thinking about Krapper running 30 yards upfield untouched vs our man-to-man blitz on 3rd and long. SCARY.
GW better get these guys ready.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Our defense will likely play contain against the run game similar to how we shut down McCoy. Gotta force the game into Kaep's hands because the pass rush will eventually eat him up and forcing him to make reads under pressure will likely force turnovers.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How about not getting false start penalties? What a novel concept.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That'd require yanking Davin Joseph's ass out of the game. Wanker has 3 of them. Ugly.

Well, it's not like the Rams have anyone behind Joseph, maybe, next year they can draft an offensive lineman in the first round.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I see us winning if we stop all of those penalties! I think we would have won against Philly if we hadn't had so many. We played well....just way too many flags.

fearsomefour

Legend
Doubling the NT may be needed as Wells has struggled with someone right over him.
Kaperdoodle extension plays....CBs have to be disciplined in their coverages for the duration of the play.

A55VA6

Legend
I just really hope the energy level is high and fans show up and bring their A game as well. Monday Night Football, throwback uni's, GSOT in the house... just seems fitting that we go out there and punch the 49ers in the mouth and get our season back on track..

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Haha, the entire concept of saying "we need to be on our A game" is pretty funny. I mean, what would the alternative be? To not really try to play their best? "Um, next week we only need to be on our B game." So that's a goofy statement to me. All NFL O-lines need to be on their A game every single time they play.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Doubling the NT may be needed as Wells has struggled with someone right over him.
Kaperdoodle extension plays....CBs have to be disciplined in their coverages for the duration of the play.

Yep.
If CB's stay disciplined and cover well, the D line stays disciplined and in their lanes AND the offense does something positive - score points.
I like our chances. Deffinately need to keep Kaep in the pocket and then (stop the run) put the ball in his hands. You do that, you're in good shape.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
3 games below 500 is not a good place to be.
We need to beat these punks so bad that they'll be scared shit less next time we meet.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
yea bring your 'A' game Rodger. and hopefully your buddies Scott and Davin can at least bring their 'C' games.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Need a win to avoid getting buried in the division standings
Divisional game
Biggest rival
Home game
GSOT celebration

No pressure
Pressure? No pressure!, Nervous? Not at all! I Love the 49ers, and I'm sure they will Win! And this News Flash just came in "The Federal Government is doing away with the Income Tax, both individual, and Business!!"