Rodger Saffold started all 16 games this year!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just because he was our best OL, doesn't mean he played well, IMO. I thought he was very average. I expect more than that with his contract. I think he can play very well when healthy but I have my doubts about him ever being able to be healthy for an entire season.

I thought he was better than average for us. Good, steady play.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Scaffold is a damn good player. His ability to move around is invaluable and unlike any lineman I've seen. He makes it look easy... But it's not!

I believe between GRob, Barksdale, and Saffort we have a pretty good foundation. A free agent or two, plus a couple of high draft picks and we're onto something.

By far our best OL'er PERIOD. Even when he is playing with only one shoulder. Saffold health will always be a concern. There is no telling what OL post Saffold will end of starting in 2015 after he is done with his surgery reconstruction, rehab event, then return to strength training to get his power back to previous levels....long road here for Saffold.

Saffold is a true Wild Card for Snead, Fisher & Boudreau. These three will try to rebuild this OL from the few pieces (only four [Rhaney, Jones,Robinson & Saffold]) remaining from the eleven OL 2014 roster. From what 2015 UFA's RFA's ERFA's, 2015 draft selections & 2015 UDFA's No telling what positions will be secured & where Saffold can be best plugged into in order to make this OL better. Saffold will be the new Ram leader in our OL with the release of Long & Wells.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
By far our best OL'er PERIOD. Even when he is playing with only one shoulder. Saffold health will always be a concern. There is no telling what OL post Saffold will end of starting in 2015 after he is done with his surgery reconstruction, rehab event, then return to strength training to get his power back to previous levels....long road here for Saffold.

Saffold is a true Wild Card for Snead, Fisher & Boudreau. These three will try to rebuild this OL from the few pieces (only four [Rhaney, Jones,Robinson & Saffold]) remaining from the eleven OL 2014 roster. From what 2015 UFA's RFA's ERFA's, 2015 draft selections & 2015 UDFA's No telling what positions will be secured & where Saffold can be best plugged into in order to make this OL better. Saffold will be the new Ram leader in our OL with the release of Long & Wells.

+++

I'd like to park him at guard with reserve duty at both tackle spots... Hopefully not the first option, tho.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
+++

I'd like to park him at guard with reserve duty at both tackle spots... Hopefully not the first option, tho.

I would agree with this too. I do not have any preference if its right or left. I know the Rams Org. wishes that too. However I have this gut feeling that the Rams will be able to fill the starting center & both starting OG posts much easier than the ORT post. So it would not surprise me that in 2015 that Saffold & Robinson will be our starting OT tandem.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Ahhh, there were a few false alarms every game but he made it.

New discussion, why can't Saffold play center?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ahhh, there were a few false alarms every game but he made it.

New discussion, why can't Saffold play center?
I sure would not say he can't play center. In truth if he can start @ OLT then start @ ORT then start @ ORG then start @ OLG & then play three of them in just one game????I would think that he could play center just fine.

There is sure nothing wrong with Rodger Saffold brain & OL playing knowledge if they were giving away commendations trophies for smart-play Saffold would come away with that award every season. One would think if Barrett Jones was to start @ center & Saffold was to start @ OLG those two would probably be the two smartest players OL'ers in the NFL playing next to each other. With Boudreau OL's the OLG & OC work very closely with each other. Thats just one of the main reasons Saffold was starting @ LEFT OG this season.

Last edited: