Rodger Saffold started all 16 games this year!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I mentioned it in another thread, but this deserves mention because of the problem the guy's had with injuries in the past.

Yes, he got dinged in a couple of games and had to leave for the rest of the game, but to me, the fact that he started all 16 games (and left the 16th game with no injury) is promising, and something that I wonder if it's slipped under people's radar.

Also, I may be showing off that I can spell Rodger's name correctly. I make no promises otherwise. ;)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Rogger is a heck of a player when healthy. Lets hope that surgery helps him stay on the field and be even more productive going forward!!

Also, I may be showing off that I can spell Rodger's name correctly. I make no promises otherwise. ;)

Yeah but you spelt Salford wrong.

He's a vital piece going forward, if he can get that shoulder cleaned up this off-season hopefully he'll go from strength to strength.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
He did, and he played through a pretty significant shoulder injury.

Saffold was a tough SOB this season.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always felt Suffolk was unnecessarily criticized at times over the years on some boards.

Getting injured, especially on an Oline, is more accident than anything else.

Bodies flying everywhere, laying on top of each other.. it's a recipe for getting injured.

Glad he had a healthy campaign and getting the surgery.

Robinson may end up being our best Olineman, but Rugrat is our best right now.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He definitely earned my respect playing through pain this year.

jap

Legend
I wondered before if the need to play in space at tackle hurts him more than playing in a phone booth at guard. It could be that guard is simply a healthier position for him long-term---that and getting his bad shoulder overhauled.

V3

Hall of Fame
He played but I wouldn't exactly say he played very well due to his injuries that he played through. Oakland was right about his shoulder. Sorry, I can't give him a pass just for being tough. I want results and I was pretty disappointed with how he played this year, and the fact remains that he probably played that poor due to injuries. He has my respect as a person and for his heart, though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played but I wouldn't exactly say he played very well due to his injuries that he played through. Oakland was right about his shoulder. Sorry, I can't give him a pass just for being tough. I want results and I was pretty disappointed with how he played this year, and the fact remains that he probably played that poor due to injuries. He has my respect as a person and for his heart, though.

I didn't see the poor play. Was by far our best OL this year and gave us steady play all year. Wasn't as powerful as he usually is but the shoulder had a lot to do with that imo.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Funny thing about this guy, he gets banged up, and it always looks so serious, but then he comes back in a few plays later.

Lesson

Oh, really?

I thought he was the only OL that played consistently well this season. Having a subpar performance by Wells might have also impacted his play, too.

V3

Hall of Fame
I didn't see the poor play. Was by far our best OL this year and gave us steady play all year. Wasn't as powerful as he usually is but the shoulder had a lot to do with that imo.
Just because he was our best OL, doesn't mean he played well, IMO. I thought he was very average. I expect more than that with his contract. I think he can play very well when healthy but I have my doubts about him ever being able to be healthy for an entire season.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
And nobody took out our LT's knee, either. That's a big one, ruined Long.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Saffold missed snaps in a lot of games...
9 against Minn
2 against Dallas
2 against San Fran
10 against Seattle
38 against KC
20 against Oakland
4 against Washington

....but a good point, that he was at least out there to start every game.

By comparison, our most durable OL:
  • Scott Wells only missed snaps in 1 game, against KC where he missed 23 snaps (1014 total snaps)
  • Barksdale only missed 6 snaps in the second Seattle game (1031 snaps)
  • Once Robinson got his starting spot in week 6, he only missed snaps in 1 game, 7 snaps against Seattle

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Just because he was our best OL, doesn't mean he played well, IMO. I thought he was very average. I expect more than that with his contract. I think he can play very well when healthy but I have my doubts about him ever being able to be healthy for an entire season.
Our O-line wasn't shit, but we do have a couple of upgrades to make. Saffold played pretty well, imo, despite the shoulder problems. He was far from the problem on that line.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Scaffold is a damn good player. His ability to move around is invaluable and unlike any lineman I've seen. He makes it look easy... But it's not!

I definitely had my worries, but glad he made all 16. Hopefully the surgery even further improves his durability.

I believe between GRob, Barksdale, and Saffort we have a pretty good foundation. A free agent or two, plus a couple of high draft picks and we're onto something.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Scaffold is a damn good player. His ability to move around is invaluable and unlike any lineman I've seen. He makes it look easy... But it's not!

I definitely had my worries, but glad he made all 16. Hopefully the surgery even further improves his durability.

I believe between GRob, Barksdale, and Saffort we have a pretty good foundation. A free agent or two, plus a couple of high draft picks and we're onto something.
Staffole will look much better after getting that shoulfer cleaned up. No doubt.