RODcast from Atlanta with RamHusker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This was fun! Enjoy the game everyone!

[rc]https://soundcloud.com/ramsondemand/rodcast-from-atlanta[/rc]

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Great stuff Bo.

Hope those 2 have to listen to you talk about a Ram Win all the way home this afternoon.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The game just didn't work out like it was supposed to but was a good time just the same. At least I called Bradford's numbers, 350 yds, 3 TDs. And Bradford truly is a faster runner than it appears. And what was up with the no call on Matt Ryan's intentional grounding in the end zone? The whole stadium knew it. That could of been a game changer. And I didn't factor in the refs ability to neutralize our rush with the no calls on holding. I guess the NFL didn't want us at 2-0 and the Falcons 0-2. All in all, very proud of our Rams. They took a punch in the mouth in a hostile environment and didn't lay down. The frustrating thing to me all day was the terrible field position created by special team penalties. On to next week!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
The game just didn't work out like it was supposed to but was a good time just the same. At least I called Bradford's numbers, 350 yds, 3 TDs. And Bradford truly is a faster runner than it appears. And what was up with the no call on Matt Ryan's intentional grounding in the end zone? The whole stadium knew it. That could of been a game changer. And I didn't factor in the refs ability to neutralize our rush with the no calls on holding. I guess the NFL didn't want us at 2-0 and the Falcons 0-2. All in all, very proud of our Rams. They took a punch in the mouth in a hostile environment and didn't lay down. The frustrating thing to me all day was the terrible field position created by special team penalties. On to next week!
Hey Husker, there's a bit of chatter out there that Bradford was missing guys running free and elected to check down anyway. Can you either confirm or deny this with what you were able to see? Thanks d00d!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I didn't notice a lot of that X but a couple of times I did see Cook running free across the middle and Sam checked down underneath. It's hard for me to guess if that happens because SB thinks he sees a defender that can react to his throw or if it was the design of the play to go short. It does make one in the stands go "OH!". I did notice Quick on the sidelines way too much though. I think it key to this O that he gets on the field and beomes a factor. Tavon is just not a big target out there even though other teams are having to account for him. The Falcons sure did.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
I didn't notice a lot of that X but a couple of times I did see Cook running free across the middle and Sam checked down underneath. It's hard for me to guess if that happens because SB thinks he sees a defender that can react to his throw or if it was the design of the play to go short. It does make one in the stands go "OH!". I did notice Quick on the sidelines way too much though. I think it key to this O that he gets on the field and beomes a factor. Tavon is just not a big target out there even though other teams are having to account for him. The Falcons sure did.
Thanks man.

I know it's hard to see a receiver getting open and then immediately account for the pressure and how far the QB is through his progressions, but I appreciate the feedback. I'm sure Bradford is missing opportunities like that, because I've seen even the best do it in any game I look at on Game Rewind. If it becomes something that happens *several times* during a game with Sam, then that would obviously be a problem that needs to be addressed. No idea why Quick isn't more involved either. I'd really like to get a definitive answer on that from Fisher at some point. Just to satisfy my curiosity.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kind of weird.

A lot of what was "predicted" in this game happened.

John suggested a strong first half by the Falcons, then holding on. - HAPPENED.

SJ struggling to run up the middle - HAPPENED

Chris Givens and Tavon Austin showing up - HAPPENED.

Rams win - (didn't happen) :cool: